Most terrifying or frustrating death you've had

Tlroa893Tlroa893 Join Date: 2016-08-09 Member: 221113Members
Just something fun to compare with others. Last night I was in the Underwater floating islands biome looking for fragments inside the wreckage. It was one of those times where you swim in, cut open a door, swim back to the Seamoth and take a breather, swim back and repeat. I had done this 4 times and had my route and oxygen timed perfectly so that I would get back just before blacking out. I had the Seamoth parked outside the hatch with the lights shining in for better visibility. On my last return trip I get a message that my Seamoth is going below crush depth. I get to the room with the exit just in time to see my lights going down. My oxygen was running out, I was panicking because it's a long damn swim from the safe shallows. I get outside, look for my Seamoth and see a Boneshark pushing it down. I start swimming after it as fast as I can and just before I could hop into it I blacked out and died. I was pissed!

Comments

• SamNauticaSamNautica Join Date: 2016-08-22 Member: 221596Members
    Just earlier today, I was attacked by a Reaper. It got a hit on me to get me down to 20 %. After that, I start swimming away at the surface. (Fun fact: You go twice as fast at the surface) Just as I thought I was in the clear, it comes back out of nowhere (no warning roar or anything), spins me around and kills me. I swear to god I almost had a heart attack.
  • Tlroa893Tlroa893 Join Date: 2016-08-09 Member: 221113Members
    Yeah Reapers terrify me. I'm always paranoid of them.
  • ANZAC69ANZAC69 New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221808Members
    Me last night exploring a deep wreck and I had enough tanks (five high capacity tanks) and my Seamoth parked outside, a few minutes in scanning lots of loot and finding large amounts of water and food blocks - I made my way back out... Only for some reason near the entrance I ran into a invisible wall!! barely one meter away from the opening, try and no go but drowned alone in the darkness with my light out of batteries and everything feeling a tad cold....
  • SkidmarkSkidmark Join Date: 2016-08-22 Member: 221584Members
    2 of em. first is to die while investigating why the flood lights was on and there was no batteries in them and completely forgetting my air supply.( being tired is really dangerous. )and # 2 trying to install a thermal gen and got fried on trying to fix a transmitter.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    I cut open a sealed door and found good frags, after scanning them I saved ( I always save after scanning just to be safe ) then I had to turn off my system and go somewhere suddenly. When I got home and loaded up the game the door that I laser cut open was once again sealed. I worked as fast as I could to laser it open again but by the time I did I was already blacking out and drowned before I could get to my seamoth MECHARAY. Very frustrating! :#
  • Tlroa893Tlroa893 Join Date: 2016-08-09 Member: 221113Members
    I cut open a sealed door and found good frags, after scanning them I saved ( I always save after scanning just to be safe ) then I had to turn off my system and go somewhere suddenly. When I got home and loaded up the game the door that I laser cut open was once again sealed. I worked as fast as I could to laser it open again but by the time I did I was already blacking out and drowned before I could get to my seamoth MECHARAY. Very frustrating! :#

Yeah I read if you cut a door open, save and quit, then come back it will be sealed again so be mindful of where you save and quit.