Who has restarted

scouttsscoutts Victoria, BC Join Date: 2016-07-28 Member: 220747Members
Before I take the plunge and restart to fix my not being able to scan the general purpose room bug..typically one of my first missions is to build an alien containment within a general purpose building for food supply. Is that now not possible until you have built a SeaMoth and travel to old bases? Seems like feeding could be the only thing you do until you can safely travel that far? Creative ideas others have used?

Comments

• bparkerson04bparkerson04 Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221564Members
    Me.

As far as feeding, grab a fish, put in the fabricator and you're good to go. Seamoth parts can be found over in the grassy fields near the lifepod 17 wreck. I miss my cyclops but starting over appears to be a necessary thing to play the game with fewer glitches. Don't forget you can spawn in stuff you don't feel like getting again, using the dev console and options.
  • JuanCarlosJoseJuanCarlosJose England Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219912Members
    Do we now scan the large aquarium too? haven't found one of those yet.
  • SamNauticaSamNautica Join Date: 2016-08-22 Member: 221596Members
    I restarted and I LOVE IT! It's so much more challenging now.
    Anyone know where to find the moon pool and seamoth upgrade fragments?
  • SamNauticaSamNautica Join Date: 2016-08-22 Member: 221596Members
    I don't know. I don't even have a Multipurpose Room yet. XD
  • Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
    Its a good idea to start over. Especially with an update that includes alot of major changes. No idea were the moonpool and upgrade console framents are anymore. In a wreck in some biome is all i know.
    edited September 2016
    I finally found the moonpool. The fragments were in the big wreck in the grand reef. I also found the the thermal plant and scanner room fragments in said wreck.

Unfortunately, the wreck entrance is past crush depth for the seamoth if it's not upgraded (which mine is not because I can't find the vehicle upgrade station fragments.

What I did is build a single corridor base on the small ledge right above the wreck. I placed one solar panel on top of the base so that I could retreat into it for oxygen and inventory security. When I went to explore the wreck, I used my seaglide as much as possible. Be sure to carry some extra batteries with you and wear a rebreather. I used 5 O2 tanks to ensure I had enough oxygen to explore this particular wreckage.
  • scouttsscoutts Victoria, BC Join Date: 2016-07-28 Member: 220747Members
    So I had the moonpool, but it disappeared but lo and behold the general room appeared. Not sure if it's a bug that you need one before the other but thought I would throw that out there in case anyone else experienced this. I sure hope the moonpool fragments are not gone now. Anyone figure out where the alien containment blueprint is?
  • ANZAC69ANZAC69 New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221808Members
    Anyone know where to find the moon pool and seamoth upgrade fragments?

I found the seamoth parts not that far off from where I first started, but they were scattered in a wide area and took me some time to locate them all!! But I seen or read that it shows up in various areas? The moonpool parts are near/in the big wreck in the grand reef, but I've yet to up grand my seamoth to go the the 900 mtrs then dive as close to it with enough air to explore the wreck, otherwise dev options can be used but what's the fun!!
  • ANZAC69ANZAC69 New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221808Members
    Does anyone know where to find the mobile vehicle deploy unit? It use to be already in the build list - but now its not!! Cheers
  • Dj0219Dj0219 Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217102Members
    edited September 2016
    SamNautica wrote: »
    I don't know. I don't even have a Multipurpose Room yet. XD

Yeah why don't we have the multipurpose room??

Nvm I found the multipurpose room on the island
  • OrionGalaxyOrionGalaxy China Join Date: 2016-08-19 Member: 221506Members
    I thought of waiting it out until the game is fully release and not in preview mode anymore. There might be more upgrades that gonna cause of to reset all over again etc.
    Or is this not the case anymore?
  • Luffy490Luffy490 USA Join Date: 2016-06-04 Member: 218088Members
    I always restart on new updates.

Tbh, I'm not even considering making a serious game until the game leaves preview
    I thought of waiting it out until the game is fully release and not in preview mode anymore. There might be more upgrades that gonna cause of to reset all over again etc.
    Or is this not the case anymore?

Pretty sure it is still the case

Something tells me that with the way the game is coded, each update might ruin some old saves because they do change alot. The PRAWN update is the biggest one since preview launch

I always detach myself from each old save and just wipe them to be sure. If the devs aren't able to reproduce any bugs we report, then they may have a harder time finding the core of the issue
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    I'm still rockin my original survival game file. I get some issues here and there, but over all it still works fine for the most part.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    I'm still rockin my original survival game file. I get some issues here and there, but over all it still works fine for the most part.

It is possible you don't have all the new areas or improved areas though. I started over and even the areas that are nearby the start have been improved
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    To anyone who hasn't started over and is wondering about it, I did and I am having very minimal problems. Also with all the new stuff and being able to get messages about lifepods, and actually receiving a signal and being able to go search them, has made it entertaining to start over.
  • SkidmarkSkidmark Join Date: 2016-08-22 Member: 221584Members
    I haven't restarted a new game , Since i'm only suffering of disappearing cyclops 2/3 bug the dev are still working on that so it would be a waste to restart. My initial base was build in a good area that's has not changed,know that i know where to find part of the seamoth makes it easier to concentrate on the vehicle bay. All of this was made way before i could create a multiroom so that in itself is ok. Playing on hardcore does not leave room for mistakes so knowing the area's of search and priority is a must. Now if i can only find sulfur. but anyhow i believe since they fix also the cutting tool and now that i can pass in areas of massive debris. having a reel line to scout these wrecks is gonna be key.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members

It is possible you don't have all the new areas or improved areas though. I started over and even the areas that are nearby the start have been improved

Areas have changed substantially for me every update so far. I only have one base, maybe that area just hasnt changed
  • scouttsscoutts Victoria, BC Join Date: 2016-07-28 Member: 220747Members
    It's worth the restart for the improvement in game story line