"Transfer All" Button...

Harry82Harry82 France Join Date: 2016-08-23 Member: 221617Members
Right clicking a billion times is getting pretty old considering how inventory heavy things are. Would it be too much to ask for a simple "transfer all" button, bi directional of course. Seen a few of 'em round in some games I've played, dunno about you guys...

Comments

• xReixRei Join Date: 2016-08-23 Member: 221645Members
    It would be a nice quality of life feature. Best way would be with a hotkey modifier like shift or control imo.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Or a resource stockpile that you stick in the middle of a MF room. Whenever you enter that base, materials are automatically deposited if it is set to "on." (Toggle, just to prevent possible frustrations.) Then, all builds attached to the base and all fabricators in the base can pull materials from the stockpile, rather than having to get lists yof stuff yourself.
  • Harry82Harry82 France Join Date: 2016-08-23 Member: 221617Members
    Yeah that'd be good xRei, maybe a shift+rightclick would transfer all of that item from one inventory to the other, or even further, ctrl+rc=All and shift+rc=stacks of 5?

I dunno about the stockpile Evil, I reckon it might make things a little too automatic and would reduce the amount of base interaction needed. I'd probably end up only seeing a fraction of my base if I didn't have to organise my inventory and run around getting things for the fabricator.
    Anyone else think theres too much right clicking in inventory screens?? This could alleviate some of the tediousness we've got right now...
  • SynchSynch Join Date: 2016-08-29 Member: 221862Members
    "Transfer all" and "transfer all of this item" should definitely be included as keyboard modifiers. Most games I can think of with an inventory management element have something like these, so their absence in Subnautica is rather glaring. It feels like having a word processor without undo or a command line without autofill. It's just one of those quality of life things that should be standard design.