Strange playermodel easter egg / bug

GentleHoovyGentleHoovy France Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221814Members
i was exploring the map after the prawn update when i stumbled upon the emperor facility and i found this:
pw7bx5w0iehh.jpg
anyone have any idea what it is (if you think it is a bug or an easter egg. I'd be really interested to know)
The writing on his chest says "wasabi one" btw if anyone was interested.

also if any devs happen to see this i found a strange biome water color bug in the lava lakes:
hrein05eab60.jpg

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    This is definitely not a bug, and considering it being in the middle of an in-development biome, it's probably not an easter egg either. The devs probably only use it for size reference, and will probably remove it once the biome's done.
  • GentleHoovyGentleHoovy France Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221814Members
    you're probably right on that thinking about it. Thanks for the answer anyway!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2016
    You might think that it is there for development purposes. What if it is there, always watching, waiting for the right moment. I mean are we certain it is always in that location, or just wants us to think it is... Hmm?

Legend has it, it has been spotted in other areas as well...
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    You might think that it is there for development purposes. What if it is there, always watching, waiting for the right moment. I mean are we certain it is always in that location, or just wants us to think it is... Hmm?

Legend has it, it has been spotted in other areas as well...

ok im skeeered nao! hold meh! :scream:
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited August 2016
    So it ain`t just a bug I`m having, lava caves and the lost river have those strange green zones in it quite much. Tried to get rid of it with a graphics driver update, no change. :(

But I like the huge unique tree with those orbs in membranes there, couldn`t get seeds from it.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    So it ain`t just a bug I`m having, lava caves and the lost river have those strange green zones in it quite much. Tried to get rid of it with a graphics driver update, no change. :(

But I like the huge unique tree with those orbs in membranes there, couldn`t get seeds from it.

No buddy, don't worry.

This guy's actually been in the game for a long while and there's quite a few people who've been freaked out by him. You're not alone.
  • IntrepidHIntrepidH Florida Join Date: 2015-12-09 Member: 209838Members
    haha yes lost river and lava zone are very much a work in progress :) even though they've had some new stuff introduced :)
    I remember wasabi one made some awesome videos in Natural selection aside from being a cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited August 2016
    Considering we have to go down there for an Exo suit update, at least those green zones shouldn`t be there. Not finished isn`t bad, but that`s just really strange.
  • TheSmithOnUWTheSmithOnUW Join Date: 2016-04-29 Member: 216141Members
    [SPOILERS]

The green zones are for the Precursor Bases.
  • IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
    edited August 2016
    After you find it and look away it should move. Kinda like the angels from doctor who. So everytime you turn back it's in a different spot and maybe closer. Which by the way would be a great idea from some kinda of creature.