resources lacking?

TheElfTheElf Deep blue Sea Join Date: 2016-05-07 Member: 216483Members
I've noticed that there are precious few resources in some of the biomes. I'm having a heck of a time finding aluminum oxide crystals, and the koosh fields, floating islands and red plains have absolutely no shale, sandstone, or other resources to speak of. very odd as I used to find things everywhere prior to the PRAWN update.

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    I did notice that a few smaller ressources had diminished in numbers so they could add all those big ressource chunks drillable only with the new Prawn suit.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    They basically are making you slow down on your expansion in the game, basically it's the devs telling you build small in the beginning, use only what is needed and go straight for the Aurora to get the PRAWN suit in order to mine those large deposits.
  • TheElfTheElf Deep blue Sea Join Date: 2016-05-07 Member: 216483Members
    Thats cool and all. But what I am saying is that these Biomes have NO resources at all. Not even "fewer, but larger" deposits. Just barren.
  • Midnight_TeaMidnight_Tea Join Date: 2016-08-27 Member: 221790Members
    They basically are making you slow down on your expansion in the game, basically it's the devs telling you build small in the beginning, use only what is needed and go straight for the Aurora to get the PRAWN suit in order to mine those large deposits.

I feel like if that's the case, the PRAWN suit needs to be a lot cheaper to craft. By the time you have it, you're probably not going to care about a lot of those larger deposits.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members

But you also need to find the Prawn drill arms. I think only 2 wrecks have them and now deep inside and hard to get. I like it now that the valuable wreck things are harder to get, but that means you'll probably have Prawn drilling late game and found and built most tech before drilling. Which means I almost need no drilling, because only few things left to build.
    TheElf wrote: »
    I've noticed that there are precious few resources in some of the biomes. I'm having a heck of a time finding aluminum oxide crystals, and the koosh fields, floating islands and red plains have absolutely no shale, sandstone, or other resources to speak of. very odd as I used to find things everywhere prior to the PRAWN update.

I think each resource not only got rarer, but also now removed from being broader available. They're now more at specific terrain locations. Like Alox all over Grand reef, but nowhere else. Shale exclusive to the Shroom caves, etc.
  • WaterfallWaterfall Cherbourg/FR Join Date: 2016-03-27 Member: 214918Members
    Can't find any lithium since the last update.
    Impossible to find in mushroom forest, after check in the wiki, I've searched in some biomes but don't find...
    Very hard right now.
    Waterfall wrote: »
    Impossible to find in mushroom forest, after check in the wiki, I've searched in some biomes but don't find...
    Very hard right now.

Please include your build number, so we know what build you're referring to. Usually lithium is plenty at the mushroom forest or can be found in the shale stones down in the shroom caves. But some resources are planned to get drillable only, so who knows? Did you find drillable lithium?
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    Very hard right now.

I just hit up the mushroom forest yesterday and have more lithium than I know what to do with. Was also able to nab some lithium from the floating island.

Which mushroom forest did you go to? I hit up the one near the koosh zone.
    I am build 36618 Aug 2016. Its a new save, about 10 hours played.

The following biomes have ZERO resources, and I mean BARREN in my game:

Grand Reef
    Koosh fields
    Underwater Islands

Previous builds there were lots of little shale, basalt, and sandstone resources. Additionally crystal types like, Salt, Uraninite, lithium, Aluminum Oxide, Diamonds etc. could be found out in the open. I have scoured the whole map down to 300m and seen nothing in these biomes.

Just wondering if others are seeing the same thing? For an update that adds the PRAWN and requires Aluminum Oxide, I am having a hell of a time finding AO to build the darn thing...
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    I am build 36618 Aug 2016. Its a new save, about 10 hours played.

The following biomes have ZERO resources, and I mean BARREN in my game:

Grand Reef
    Koosh fields
    Underwater Islands

Previous builds there were lots of little shale, basalt, and sandstone resources. Additionally crystal types like, Salt, Uraninite, lithium, Aluminum Oxide, Diamonds etc. could be found out in the open. I have scoured the whole map down to 300m and seen nothing in these biomes.

Just wondering if others are seeing the same thing? For an update that adds the PRAWN and requires Aluminum Oxide, I am having a hell of a time finding AO to build the darn thing...

I think your game id bugged. After reading this comment from you i went to explore all those biomes and they all have ressources as normal. So ... i dunno what else to say that i think your game is suffering from problems loading the ressources correctly in these biomes.

The only thing i can think of right now is maybe try to create another game and see if the ressources load properly.
    yeah that sounds like a bugged game. I'm playing experimental and I am finding plenty of resources.
    I feel like if that's the case, the PRAWN suit needs to be a lot cheaper to craft. By the time you have it, you're probably not going to care about a lot of those larger deposits.

the price for it isn't that bad, sure it requires uranium and aluminum oxide. I get a seamoth and goto the grand reef or the mountain island biome and you can find plenty of uranium. Aluminum Oxide ain't that hard to find either.
    zetachron wrote: »

But you also need to find the Prawn drill arms. I think only 2 wrecks have them and now deep inside and hard to get. I like it now that the valuable wreck things are harder to get, but that means you'll probably have Prawn drilling late game and found and built most tech before drilling. Which means I almost need no drilling, because only few things left to build.

The wreak next to lifepod 17 has drill arms and is easily accessible... although I'd bring along a few extra airtanks. Laser cutter might be required to get both fragments to scan, but finding diamonds is easy in the grand reef, floating underwater islands or the mountain biome. All of these only require 1 thing and that is the seamoth to get you down there quickly instead of using the seaglide or swimming.
    So I loaded my current game and went on a mission. Checked out the grand reef looking for Aluminum Oxide, and now it seems all those Biomes are loading resources. Have a huge stash of AO all of a sudden. Might have been a weird session when several things happened. My escape pod seems to have drifted to somewhere off the map. Beacon is still active, but nowhere to be seen.

Some strange things going on in my game...
    So I loaded my current game and went on a mission. Checked out the grand reef looking for Aluminum Oxide, and now it seems all those Biomes are loading resources. Have a huge stash of AO all of a sudden. Might have been a weird session when several things happened. My escape pod seems to have drifted to somewhere off the map. Beacon is still active, but nowhere to be seen.

Some strange things going on in my game...

another bug, the well known drifting lifepod bug. Happens sometimes, sometimes it doesn't drift off.
  • PhydroPhydro Join Date: 2016-08-14 Member: 221299Members
    zetachron wrote: »

Agreed. By the time I found the drill arms, I'd already built the Cyclops and a full base. I've drilled one deposit of silver, and that's it, as I'm mostly done building by this point.

I like digging through wrecks to find these things, but by the time I go to the wrecks in Leviathan-infested regions (where the drill arms are), I'm the the endgame in terms of building.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Drill Arms can be found in the Grassy Plateaus wrecks. Each having a marked pod nearby. All you need is a Laser Cutter. And once you have a Drill Arm you are swimming in materials. Only bottlenecks are organics. And Titanium, considering the amounts you need of it.
  • WaterfallWaterfall Cherbourg/FR Join Date: 2016-03-27 Member: 214918Members
    I'm in stable build and go to the Mushroom forest near the Aurora
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2016
    I'm in stable build and go to the Mushroom forest near the Aurora

I dun know what it is, but this entire sentence amuses me :D

TBH, this should be the description for Subnautica on the store page!