Character Customization

KerbalatomicKerbalatomic Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206384Members
Who would like character customization? (I was thinking it could be done right after the Press a Key to Continue screen, then there is the cut scene of you and the life pod being ejected from the Aroura)
Just vote don't comment

Comments

• awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Being able to customize your guy would be cool. I could do what I did on ark and give him oversized and then skinny an.... bla.... weird crap..... blaaaaaaaaaa.....
  • CaptainRonCaptainRon Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219569Members
    Hmm, I donno... we don't ever really see ourselves. The only thing I could see that would make sense is the gender since you do see a shadow of yourself. But that's about it.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    You barely every see yourself. Customization serves little purpose in my opinion.
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    edited August 2016
    Please google "Software Bloat" and "Feature Creep".
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    What purpose would this serve when we can't even see ourselves at any point in the game?
  • KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
    As a woman I just want to play a woman in the game. Feels just so awkward sometimes to play a guy like when he moans and coughs for air or gets attacked. No customization needed in my opinion just adding a female character would be enough for me.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Don't really see a point to it, as you never see your face and it would just take more time for the devs to implement.
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    edited August 2016
    Gender selection would be good, and possibly a colour scheme for your diving suit (since you can see your face mask, and get glimpses of your arms and fins as you swim around) in a similar fashion to the vehicle customisation.

No need to go overboard though (face/shape sliders etc) as you can't see yourself beyond those.

But, sometimes you really just need the red and/or brown diving suits.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Mirality wrote: »
    Gender selection would be good, and possibly a colour scheme for your diving suit (since you can see your face mask, and get glimpses of your arms and fins as you swim around) in a similar fashion to the vehicle customisation.

No need to go overboard though (face/shape sliders etc) as you can't see yourself beyond those.

But, sometimes you really just need the red and/or brown diving suits.

Different suits already have their own colours.
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    Yeah, but there's only a few of them, so being able to customise them would be nice. It was just an idea though, I don't feel particularly strongly about that part.
  • WrathOfHircineWrathOfHircine Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221746Members
    Add it but don't allow you to see your face again.
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Well, it would have no purpose, it would be wasted resources for the devs. Really, WTF??
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    I'd be happy with just gender selection since, like it's been said, you only ever see your shadow. If the devs want to go a little more in depth at some point, good for them! ...but after 1.0, please. XD
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    https://trello.com/c/NlUs6bVF/5512-female-anims-convert

It looks like the developers are already working on a female player character, and have already completed *some* of the animations internally. That said, it's likely a low-priority goal at this time for now. But I'm glad that they're working on it, cuz honestly I'd like a different choice for sake of variety.
  • SGTChuckSGTChuck Sup. I like to chill. And yell "WHAT" at my TV screen. Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219590Members
    And I have a reason for my choice. I think we should have an actual "character" rather than a somebody
  • SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members
    edited August 2016
    Not really useful in any way. Plus, it would take more programming, which would delay the game release even more, so it's most likely not going to happen. PS: for anyone who isn't aware, all that's on the roadmap is pretty much all that's going to be added to the game, at least for 1.0. Obviously, there may be some unexpected minor changes to add more stuff or some major/minor changes that remove some other stuff, but that's part of the whole early access deal.