A way to balance MFR scanning

Sh4dowWalker96Sh4dowWalker96 Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221553Members
Let's be honest here, almost everyone, if not everyone, has an MFR or 30 before going wreck-hunting. Jelly Shroom Caves? Now you're just being delusional. I guess the Floater Island can be gotten to without a base, but it's highly impractical to swim 1.5 kilometers just to build a single room. I'd suggest moving the fragments to Safe Shallows, or maybe Grassy Plateaus at the farthest/deepest. Or just get rid of them and let us build MFRs as stock again.

Comments

• ElMonstroElMonstro Germany Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221570Members
    Hm... I dont really see the problem here? All you need to do for the Jellyshroomcave is build enough O2-Tanks and the Seaglider. (Plus this headpiece that negates the depthpenalty) and you are set to venture down to the Jellys :) Not too hard?
    Or did i miss something?
  • aft2001aft2001 Join Date: 2016-08-19 Member: 221500Members
    You don't need the MFR at all. You can build in corridors. That's what I did. Then I made my Seamoth and went over to the floater island and scanned the MFR.
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    i just swam with 220 seconds in tank. the re-breather is nice though
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    *Crotchety Old Man Voice*
    All you young whippersnappers complaining about the MPR. Back in my day we didn't even have those. No Moonpool or Observatory either. We had corridors and we liked it.
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    Back in my day, we had one pressure compensator. ONE!
  • rottendrakerottendrake Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217470Members
    *Crotchety Old Man Voice*
    All you young whippersnappers complaining about the MPR. Back in my day we didn't even have those. No Moonpool or Observatory either. We had corridors and we liked it.

It's called giving people a taste of luxury and suddenly reverting them back to poverty.
  • KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
    I am fine with my corridors my first base is always small and cosy. :) I mean you have enough space for lockers, fabricators, battery chargers.. you don't need that big room in the beginning thanks to solar panels. Only when you want to go deeper and need reactors to maintain the energy of the base you need them and till that point you were at least once on the floater island or the jellyshroom caves.
  • WrathOfHircineWrathOfHircine Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221746Members
    With a seaglide you can quickly go to floater isle without troble
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Let's be honest here, almost everyone, if not everyone, has an MFR or 30 before going wreck-hunting. Jelly Shroom Caves? Now you're just being delusional. I guess the Floater Island can be gotten to without a base, but it's highly impractical to swim 1.5 kilometers just to build a single room. I'd suggest moving the fragments to Safe Shallows, or maybe Grassy Plateaus at the farthest/deepest. Or just get rid of them and let us build MFRs as stock again.

What the actual f@#$ are you talking about? I've built a seamoth before a base on several occasions, at which point it's trivial to visit the island, and if you go to the Aurora and pick up the pressure compensator, you can do the shroom caves no problem too. The solution to your problem is simple - you need to adjust your priorities. Wrecks are going to be your major source of tech going forward, so hunting them is going to be less of a diversion and more of a necessary task. Plan accordingly.
  • ElMonstroElMonstro Germany Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221570Members
    I love my small little corridorbase right infront of the Aurora..

2 T sections and 2 turns, a hatch, a few lockers, a chair for watching the scenery plus a fabrikator. 4 solarpanels are more than enough to power my needs. Who the flying fuck needs a MFR at all?

Even the Sandsharks think its cute, because they dont even bother with it somehow :D