Would you rather?

NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
edited August 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
My purposes of asking this question do not permit me to give context. Just A or B. You decide.

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I know this is the same as the other one. Just please answer the question and bare with me.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    If you don't hise the answers you're producing bias
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited August 2016
    It's funnier and much more personal when you kill an Onos that just hatched as opposed to killing a newly-built hive.

In all seriousness though, it depends on the stage of the game and the player count. Mid-game on 8v8, definitely the Onos.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    coolitic wrote: »
    It's funnier and much more personal when you kill an Onos that just hatched.
    Yeah, this is why I picked it. :)
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Depends on the situation, but it's often most advantageous to kill the hive. Hive maturity, biomass contributions, and stopping other alien abilities are just a few of things in consideration.
  • barniebarnie Join Date: 2016-07-26 Member: 220695Members
    the only winning move is not to play.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Depends on whether you claim the hive room or not. Hive TRes can be recovered much more quickly than Onos PRes. So killing a hive while leaving the room in alien control has limited impact in comparison.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kill the onos, then move into the hive room and kill the hive - But all depends on what the rest of the alien team are doing and what other life-forms they have. Killing the hive may not do anything other than slow the alien's down a little, and like pointed out above, if its a hive rush and you kill it, chance is quite high that aliens will just redrop it, and smart aliens would have maybe even sacked the hive for map control.... ok must stop. in to deep.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't think you can ever fully this answer this question as it's extremely subjective to circumstances, so many factors pertaining those two choices.

That said, I would enjoy killing a player more to watch him rage than hearing the hive death rape scream.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
  • IxianIxian Denmark Join Date: 2014-03-16 Member: 194783Members, Squad Five Blue
    If you can kill the onos, you can kill the hive. If you can kill the hive, while the onos is around, you most likely can't kill the onos afterwards. Also, killing the onos, will allow your marines to stay alive - a live marine is the most valuable resource. If you had the firepower, but forced the oppotunity for this (ie. you trade your base for theirs or something stupid as that), still kill the onos first, then the hive, then build the new chair.
  • SaltlickSaltlick Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177347Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have too much empathy for the player who just lost their onos :/
  • urinalcakeurinalcake Can't work a sound card United States Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7799Members
    why isnt killing yourself with a mine an option