It's 8/22, what's this 22 hour countdown BS?

orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
Don't tease us like that, Unknown Worlds. You're better than that. I logged in today to see when the update - previously advertised and schedule for TODAY, not FREAKING TOMORROW SOMETIME was going to hit... to see the stupid 22 hour countdown timer.

Poor form, guys. Seriously. Don't do that. Announce the 23rd if it's going to be the 23rd, don't put up a more-than-a-day timer on the day you said it would be out.

Am I nitpicking? Absolutely. Doesn't make me wrong. Back to more WAITING, I guess. Grrrr.

Comments

• LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    Um, they've said that it'd be highly likely the update would be out on Monday OR Tuesday.
  • orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    Nowhere did I read that. Over on the Steam forums Obraxis popped in and mentioned this was so they could complete PR tasks like YouTube videos etc.

My counterpoint is that maybe the delay from the published 8/22 date to tomorrow should have been the subject of a little more PR, so those of us looking forward to it weren't unpleasantly surprised by the lack of it today.
  • IntrepidHIntrepidH Florida Join Date: 2015-12-09 Member: 209838Members
    like every dev team developing everything, don't take these dates to heart, they more often than not are subject to change and do get pushed back due to unforeseen circumstances.

one line of coding gone awry and your vehicles might instantly turn into a whirling vortex of terrain-degenerating entropy :open_mouth: (again lol)
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    I too was a bit disappointed to find out the trello entry had changed from 8/22 to 8/23 sometime this morning, and the update delayed. But come on, there's no need to get frenetic. How many early access games have you played that have been both this fantastic and spot-on with regular updates (once a month no-less). Don't get me wrong, I hate having to wait, but if it's only one day to have a smooth update I'm for it.

Also, don't overlook the fact, where before they had vague "coming soon this month" notes or "maybe after the 20th" they posted a countdown timer for the actual update release! Barring some terrible circumstance, it's pretty much a given the update will be live tomorrow! Be chill, dude. ( ^-^)v
  • orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    I too was a bit disappointed to find out the trello entry had changed from 8/22 to 8/23 sometime this morning, and the update delayed. But come on, there's no need to get frenetic. How many early access games have you played that have been both this fantastic and spot-on with regular updates (once a month no-less). Don't get me wrong, I hate having to wait, but if it's only one day to have a smooth update I'm for it.

Also, don't overlook the fact, where before they had vague "coming soon this month" notes or "maybe after the 20th" they posted a countdown timer for the actual update release! Barring some terrible circumstance, it's pretty much a given the update will be live tomorrow! Be chill, dude. ( ^-^)v

For the record, since nobody appears to have gotten the gist the first time, it's not the delay itself that annoys me. As has been pointed out, 24 hours is nothing.

What annoys me is I got to find out about it when looking for a live update I expected, due to published dates, to be out today - only to find a delay notice instead. Despite reading Trello, reading forums, checking the site, if the delay was announced, it wasn't easy to find. If a date (today) hadn't been posted, this wouldn't be an issue. But you posted a date and then delivered nothing but a timer on that date.

That stinks, and should not have been done, excellent update track record, otherwise walking-on-water that the Devs do notwithstanding. That's all I'm trying to say. Don't leave delay notices in place of an update people were expecting on launch day. Especially when you seem to have foreseen it, it being a choice to work on your social media posts and marketing today.