Framerate

mcreynolds94mcreynolds94 usa Join Date: 2016-08-19 Member: 221521Members
Are we doomed forever with terrible framerates and slow rendering?

Comments

• Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    We will continue to be working on optimization all the way up until release.
  • Pirate_finPirate_fin Finland Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217797Members
    edited August 2016
    Rendering or streaming (don't know what is the correct word for it) definitely needs to be fixed. Everything loads really slowly after this new update.
  • bparkerson04bparkerson04 Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221564Members
    I would love for this to be top priority. The game runs atrociously. What good is content if the game runs terribly on the console, you know?
  • colly2colly2 Join Date: 2016-08-22 Member: 221589Members
    edited August 2016
    Yeah this really does need sorted...

It's slightly worrying to me that this doesn't seem to be a red flag with you guys. The framerate doesn't just need to be optimised a bit, it's not even close to acceptable.

Don't get me wrong I love your game but this should be running at 30 minimum surely? At the moment it's lucky to hit 20 near any structure or complex geometry. So disappointed that after 3 updates it hasn't improved at all. Arguably it's gotten worse.

Seriously affects playability when entire caves suddenly appear around you and you crash into invisible walls only for it to materialise literally 2-3 seconds after impact. Unbelievable.