Enjoying the august 16 update so far

nettonetto canada Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217126Members
So after 2 failed updates for me i am now enjoying the game i am 3 - 4 hours in got my small storage base started , ready to go gather some more materials and fragments to build my 1st sub and some exploration bases until i figure out where i want to build my main base in survival mode no cheating for me but i am still affraid the frame rate will be bad once i get into my cyclop cause it is still not that great with only flippers on my feet.

I just hope you guys can keep improving the performance this is my main concern if it will run better then this , cause i know you are not done adding stuff so i wonder how can that be good for performance if the game has been suffering from it since launch.

Comments

• Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Good to hear the latest update is working out well for you. We are going to continue to be improving performance. And in fact there was just a fix for the Cyclops dropping to 5 FPS when piloting it around at full speed, that didn't make it into the August 16th update, but will be in the next one.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    @Squeal_Like_A_Pig Just wanted to report no sound glitch ( no random bubbles and no what I liked to call "10'000 Monsters Under The Sea" ) as of yet ( a few hours of playing with recent update ). I did however notice a twinkling lighting effect running up and down the creepvine at night. Kind of looks neat but not sure if it was intended and or not. Maybe air bubbles. I'd attach a video if I knew how. I still get the bouncing beacons at times. Also I started a thread about how the scanner in the Scanner Room is currently working or sort of working if you would like to take a look at that? The update looks great so far and things seem to be running smoother. I finally saw the Jelly Shrooms and Crab Snakes, they look amazing. I found them while looking around with my camera from the Scanner Room. I actually got the camera to go inside one of the Jelly Shrooms. I am now on the lookout for Sea Treaders and a Reaper Leviathan.