What would YOU like to see in the future

SGTChuckSGTChuck Sup. I like to chill. And yell "WHAT" at my TV screen. Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219590Members

Comments

• SGTChuckSGTChuck Sup. I like to chill. And yell "WHAT" at my TV screen. Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219590Members
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Lilly pads.

Ever since exploring the lilies in Sunless Sea I've found them interesting.

If we could make a base inside the thick stems it would be great.
  • CaptainRonCaptainRon Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219569Members
    Dang... I'm torn between Draconis and Artic Zone.
  • dargan012dargan012 Hungary Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214957Members
    Why is there no manta option but draconis will do too :D
  • DarkiLorditoDarkiLordito Brazil Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221309Members
    Phantom would be amazing, but a new biome is more content then a single leviathan.
  • LaserFaceLaserFace USA Join Date: 2016-08-13 Member: 221235Members
    I want all the cool things described in the PDA files, to be things we can do. Rather than mere flavor text, or quietly edited out of the PDA files later so people can't bring up the discrepency.

For example, there are PDA filed describing Alternative ways to get Stalker Teeth, instead of playing RNG scrap fetch.

Both violent (Knife fight a stalker), and Non violent (take them directly from ones still inside alien containment).

The reason I went out of my way to kill a stalker with a knife for the first time, was because the game told me this was a thing you could do. Only to get nothing but a dead stalker, and then find out "Sorry, YOU can't do that!", and then further disappointed when I learned you can't do the "Nonviolent" option either, you are still stuck with RNG Scrap Fetch outdoors even if you raise them yourself.

Hopefully, wanting cool and practical things the game's lore says are possible, will lead to eventual improvements of our in game options to match those claims. Rather than insults saying you are "too violent" for wanting one, or "Too lazy" for wanting the other. Quickly discarding any pretense of "Lore" or "Realism" mattering once it makes gameplay MORE convenient, instead of LESS.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Phantom Leviathan because I want to see the Leviathan become a class of animal in this game more than anything, and to not include just 4 species (3 if the Juvenile Leviathan is a miniature of another one). I want leviathans to be like whales, where there are varieties of them that live in different places, some more mysterious than others. We don't even know where Blue Whales mate, but we're pretty sure Reapers reproduce in the Dunes. There's only going to be one Sea Dragon in game, leading me to the assumption that the Precursors created it, so that brings us down to 3, and I don't know about the Emperor, there might only be one of them, too. That's what should be floating around the abyss, Sea Emperors, Endless Ocean style! Blue Whales swimming over that abyss, biggest creatures on the planet, recreate that with the Emperors. Unless there's just one, which brings us down to 2 Leviathans. One is literally everywhere that is relatively deep, so no mystery about those guys, we need a Leviathan that has mystery, that has more than one of it, that is HUGE but also magestic, that you can swim up to and touch and be in harmony with. And before you say the Ghost Leviathan should attack, let me point out that technically the Great White Shark and Manta Rays are in the same family. So let's swim with the phantoms, we've already got Spine Eels down there to keep us busy. At the Aurora we don't have Reapers on top of Shockers, so why should we here? Maybe the Reefback could be part of the Leviathan class, which brings us back up to 3 with the induction of the Phantom...

I have rambled for far too long... About my opinions of all things... When will I learn the internet is no place for opinions...

Okay I'll stop now.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    edited August 2016
    West side means lily pad islands, arctic zone, and other new zones.
    P.S. CATS RIGHT NOW OR *BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
  • jetwylie915jetwylie915 Victoria, Australia Join Date: 2016-08-17 Member: 221439Members
    The idea of a bigger Cyclops excites me immensely!!
  • jetwylie915jetwylie915 Victoria, Australia Join Date: 2016-08-17 Member: 221439Members
  • ZappsteveZappsteve Join Date: 2016-08-04 Member: 220965Members
    The idea of a bigger Cyclops excites me immensely!!

I would´ve voted for the Draconis too but the thing is that they would really need alot of time to implement it alone. And the cyclops is pretty hard to steer like very deep down. Having a bigger submarine would also mean that you probably will have a hard time getting around all the biomes too.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Hoverboa... wait... :disappointed:

Another biome variation vastly different from others, first thing which comes to mind is something cool :D
  • CyionCyion London, ON Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215334Members
    edited August 2016
    I want Gary the sea snail. <3

I voted for Phantom Leviathan, but Lily Pad Islands is a very close second for me.
  • SGTChuckSGTChuck Sup. I like to chill. And yell "WHAT" at my TV screen. Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219590Members
    Most requested is currently arctic zone
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    SGTChuck wrote: »

That's too bad really, because it makes the least sense - how would we have an arctic zone just a kilometer or 2 from clearly more temperate, if not tropical climates?
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Arctic biomes are completely overdone in my opinion. It's massively unoriginal and usually a boring place to explore.

Anyone who's played more than an hour of The Long Dark is probably utterly sick of ice.

Next there'll be a sewer biome just to complete the set.
  • CaptainRonCaptainRon Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219569Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »

That's too bad really, because it makes the least sense - how would we have an arctic zone just a kilometer or 2 from clearly more temperate, if not tropical climates?

Well it'd be WAY further up north and you'll need the Draconis to reach it. :tongue:
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members

The mountains seem kind of cold, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch in my opinion.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »

The mountains seem kind of cold, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch in my opinion.

Put it on the other side of the Aurora, nothing tropical around there. Two for one.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    I would like to see the arctic zone added in. Sheets of ice covering the top and really dark seas below, hiding who knows what! But I would also like to see the Ampeel (Shocker) get an EMP blast. The lili-pad biome is getting added in and im really pumped for that too. As for cats......I don't like cats that much, my mums allergic.
    I can relate to that
    Most requested Update:

Arctic Zone
    28%
    I just relised that cats would not go well with this game....
    Most requested Update: Arctic Zone 28%

"People like Coldplay and voting for the Nazis. You can't trust people..."
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    I already asked this before the forums got hacked, but imma ask again.

What d'you mean by "EMP from AMP eals"?
    I already asked this before the forums got hacked, but imma ask again.

What d'you mean by "EMP from AMP eals"?

By EMP from AMP eals i mean like if one shocked your seatmoth it could just stop working for a few seconds. or anyother tech that your using at the time,
    Wait the forums got hacked? No wonder things dissapeared... Who dares to intrude upon our Subnautica chat!
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    By EMP from AMP eals i mean like if one shocked your seatmoth it could just stop working for a few seconds. or anyother tech that your using at the time,

Ah, right.
    Wait the forums got hacked? No wonder things dissapeared... Who dares to intrude upon our Subnautica chat!

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/144437/did-the-forums-get-so-toxic/p1
  • v497_vesperv497_vesper Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221558Members
    I like the idea of an Arctic biome for a few reasons
    - It can potentially bring in a new mechanic that has you having to keep warm (Not such a good idea after all)
    - More land to build a base on
  • LaMareLeonesLaMareLeones Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216410Members
    Lily pad every day of the week! Have you seen that concept, you will know what I mean! :)