Bring back base batteries

SGTChuckSGTChuck Sup. I like to chill. And yell "WHAT" at my TV screen. Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219590Members
Remember the big batteries you used to have on your base?
Well say your deep down with no heat sources around and you dont like big bulky rooms in your cool spot?
You have no way to get power.

Edit: I mean as an alternative not to replace the generators we have now.

Comments

• dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    SGTChuck wrote: »
    Remember the big batteries you used to have on your base?
    Well say your deep down with no heat sources around and you dont like big bulky rooms in your cool spot?
    You have no way to get power.

Those required power cells. You'll either have to constantly craft more, or charge them using the generators you put in those big bulky rooms.
  • CyionCyion London, ON Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215334Members
    edited August 2016
    I voted no. I think another solution could be the option to create a mini-bioreactor and/or a mini-nuclear reactor that accepts only 1 or 2 rods and produces half or a quarter of what a regular size one outputs and it is designed to fit in tight spaces.
  • WhiteFox77WhiteFox77 Minnesota Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217564Members
    I think the power cell charger should be reversable. If the base has no other power it should use power from any power cells that are in chargers that are built in the base.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    I hated those things. I started playing 1 or 2 updates before they were removed and I HATED those things sooooo much! I'm glad their gone (hopefully for good).
  • SGTChuckSGTChuck Sup. I like to chill. And yell "WHAT" at my TV screen. Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219590Members
    I dont mean to replace. I mean an alternetive.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    I didn't vote because I don't feel my opinion is represented in the options.

I'm not saying "bring it back" but what I am saying is "the more options, the better".

There may be a situation where it comes in useful, or it's a preference.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    I started playing after that was gone, but I'd like to experience it as an option. Perhaps the poll options could have been more specific...