Aliens Colonial Marines Mod

Stormginger56Stormginger56 Massachusetts Join Date: 2016-08-12 Member: 221224Members
Hello I'm sure many people were disappointed with the release of Aliens colonial Marines back in 2014, I know I was. I am looking to mod Natural Selection 2 to have it be what aliens colonial marines should have been. Let me state what I will be doing for short term and long term. Short term: I will begin by simply swapping the models and effects. I will look at all the models and weapons and find their "aliens" equivalent. Skulk will be replaced with a Xeno warrior model, Gorge will be replaced by the spitter model from aliens colonial marines. The Lerk will be replaced by the flying alien from Alien Anubis comic book series, the fade will be replaced by the Tarkatan Alien from Mortal Kombat X, and the Onos will be replaced by the Crusher from Aliens Colonial Marines. The cists will be replaced by eggs as seen in all the alien movies. The hive mind will be replaced by A Queen Xenomorph and the the marine command station will be replaced with the car the ripley drives in the movie Aliens. The marines will have their weapons that are equivalents to the film replaced like the assault trifle is replaced with pulse rifles and so on. The green stuff that follows the infection will be replaced with the dark hard stuff that one sees in a Xenomorph hive. In the long term I hope to edit the code so that the commander in a sense becomes the command station and can move to another spot and even attack however the commander cannot command unless planted in a command spot. New classes will be added on the alien side for example the lurker or boiler or even predalien. items that the aliens have will go under a sort of Xenomorphication to make them look authentic. Ads will be given to marines and an optional 3rd person camera will be given to aliens. I currently working on a bachelors degree in game design and have 2 years experience with modeling, rigging, and animation. If you would like to help please contact me I will start a discord server for this mod and I could use all the help I can get. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2016
    Hello I'm sure many people were disappointed with the release of Aliens colonial Marines back in 2014, I know I was. I am looking to mod Natural Selection 2 to have it be what aliens colonial marines should have been. Let me state what I will be doing for short term and long term. Short term: I will begin by simply swapping the models and effects. I will look at all the models and weapons and find their "aliens" equivalent. Skulk will be replaced with a Xeno warrior model, Gorge will be replaced by the spitter model from aliens colonial marines. The Lerk will be replaced by the flying alien from Alien Anubis comic book series, the fade will be replaced by the Tarkatan Alien from Mortal Kombat X, and the Onos will be replaced by the Crusher from Aliens Colonial Marines. The cists will be replaced by eggs as seen in all the alien movies. The hive mind will be replaced by A Queen Xenomorph and the the marine command station will be replaced with the car the ripley drives in the movie Aliens. The marines will have their weapons that are equivalents to the film replaced like the assault trifle is replaced with pulse rifles and so on. The green stuff that follows the infection will be replaced with the dark hard stuff that one sees in a Xenomorph hive. In the long term I hope to edit the code so that the commander in a sense becomes the command station and can move to another spot and even attack however the commander cannot command unless planted in a command spot. New classes will be added on the alien side for example the lurker or boiler or even predalien. items that the aliens have will go under a sort of Xenomorphication to make them look authentic. Ads will be given to marines and an optional 3rd person camera will be given to aliens. I currently working on a bachelors degree in game design and have 2 years experience with modeling, rigging, and animation. If you would like to help please contact me I will start a discord server for this mod and I could use all the help I can get. Thank you for your time.

This is amazing news, as a massive fan for aliens series and predator I wish you all the very best, some of the work has already been done for you.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=118315718&searchtext=

If you contact the author he will let you takeover / improve / expand upon, I am not experienced in modding but would love to help you with ideas in the future.

Any modding questions can be answered in Natural Selection 2's official discord channel, they have a modding section there full of helpful people, you should join that if you haven't already, maybe you will find people that are interested in helping you and your project.

https://discord.gg/4HU4P

Good luck!
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Wow! That's a really ambitious project. I highly recommend you take some time to familiarize yourself with NS2 modding before diving in head-first. It will save you a lot of headache in the long-run.