Wooza's information wall

NaliceNalice Hamsterwheel Join Date: 2016-08-11 Member: 221198Members
edited November 2016 in NS2 General Discussion

Comments

• BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited August 2016
    I guess it's a fair compromise that your rookie friendly server is 24 slots, so it's good news.

edit: oh that was already old news
  • jrgnjrgn Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58289Members
    This should also be included: The large server has performance issues and many clients have red plugs and different connection problems. This is countered by lowering the moverate so each client gets less "love" from the server. This makes the experience more sluggish than otherwise, especially if you have a slower computer. Since the client connection is larger than the engine can handle it constantly breaks. But if you like to play on a server run buy 2guys that think that everything evil is UWE and build their community around this hate, you are welcome!

Also servers that are not ranked means that no hive-balance is working. But have fun there! Sweet kharma! :). Any new reviews on ns2 on steam coming up next? Wooza has done more to separate the ns2 community than anyone else. Only good thing to say about those servers are that some people(like @Nalice and some others) there are really nice and just trying to have good fun and play a nice game. May the drama commence... :) PS:friendly advice: Switch name on the server before posting here about it. Wooza posting through a proxy shouldn't be allowed!
  • RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
    Nalice wrote: »
    Since Wooza was kindly banned
    Damn feels bad man UWE hit again :wink:

edited August 2016
    Why was my message expected? Because of the lies and manipulations the "crew" told you at The Hate Machine(TM) I couldn't care less.... If it is not about the person why does your so called community servers carry a persons name? Didn't you personally write one of those bad reviews?

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    jrgn wrote: »
    Why was my message expected? Because of the lies and manipulations the "crew" told you at The Hate Machine(TM) I couldn't care less.... If it is not about the person why does your so called community servers carry a persons name? Didn't you personally write one of those bad reviews?

I'm not a mod, but please stop derailing this thread.
  • NaliceNalice Hamsterwheel Join Date: 2016-08-11 Member: 221198Members
    Please keep this thread only about the servers.

Jrgn, you are on my steam friendlist. Feel free to open your steam chat and send me a message. Or join discord and start a conversation there.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2016
    OP has edited their post, so no need to continue on about the questionable remarks.
    Keep it on topic going forward.
    Believe me it is very rational. Also i talked to @Nalice so things are settled. large is not cancer, and all efforts to keep the game alive is great. My "hate" is directed towards the methods and constant scheming. I believe ns2large is not copyrighted by wooza and i really like playing on a 32 player server. Personally i do not like woozas and atf:s ways of handling things, or whatever. Have a nice evening.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Keep it on topic going forward.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    btw why has wooza been banned?
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited August 2016
    Mephilles wrote: »

Toxic behavior that continued after repeated warnings to keep it nice..

Which is also why the "wooza" brand gets so much hate. Despite running 5 servers (and be honest if wooza had never started a server people would've just ended up populating others) his toxic actions both in forums, in steam reviews and with his server (even going so far as to rename it with a toxic name) have invariably caused more harm to the NS2 playerbase than good...

That being said all the drama really needs to end. Wooza should honestly just rename his server (to something that isn't hate speech directed at UWE) and continue on with running/promoting his community without the "UWE is specifically ****ing on me" attitude... Because they should be able to play the game mode they like...

And without the "hey wooza is banned so I'm posting an ad for him, come check out his server" message your much less likely to get negative replies..

Hopefully I kept that on topic enough.. Just felt it had to be said
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    Alite wrote: »
    You are the reason I don't get why its impossible to call people retarded on this forum without getting warned, sometimes its just true and needs to be pointed out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Isn't this kinda a roundabout indirect way of calling somebody retarded?
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Are something something ________ jokes back in lately? I'm gunna use that tonight see what happens
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    Mephilles wrote: »

Toxic behavior that continued after repeated warnings to keep it nice..

Which is also why the "wooza" brand gets so much hate. Despite running 5 servers (and be honest if wooza had never started a server people would've just ended up populating others) his toxic actions both in forums, in steam reviews and with his server (even going so far as to rename it with a toxic name) have invariably caused more harm to the NS2 playerbase than good...

That being said all the drama really needs to end. Wooza should honestly just rename his server (to something that isn't hate speech directed at UWE) and continue on with running/promoting his community without the "UWE is specifically ****ing on me" attitude... Because they should be able to play the game mode they like...

And without the "hey wooza is banned so I'm posting an ad for him, come check out his server" message your much less likely to get negative replies..

**** me let it go already it's like some of you need to meet your daily quota of moaning like a **** on a video game forum.

No I just feel it needs to be pointed out when people act like he's done "so much good" for the game and its community... Because he really has done a lot more harm than good.

And I wanted to suggest changing the server name and continuing on without the "Oh woe is me UWE hates me" attitude because I believe it would help them promote and grow their community without creating drama in threads like this..

If that comes across as "moaning like a *****" then oh well.
    edited August 2016
    **** me let it go already it's like some of you need to meet your daily quota of moaning like a **** on a video game forum.

By the way, which server do you mostly play on?
  • ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    edited August 2016
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    No .. please stay informative your first sentence is enough and fulfill purpose of this thread.

NOTE: for stories about your personal feelings and what do you eat today there is different kind of social media like facebook or twitter.

@jrgn .. please use PM for this kind of questions, I sense bait in your post.
  • RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
    edited August 2016
    @Nalice any plans for a skulk with shotgun server?
  • DilligafDilligaf Join Date: 2014-05-25 Member: 196238Members
    edited August 2016
    No need to defend the server anyone with some rational thought can see it are the same keyboard forum warriors hating on every thread that is large server related (at least i do).

• Live_FeedLive_Feed Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72419Members
    mans acting like Nalice is a brexit leave voter. Leave it out.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can't we all just get along?
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Are we really complaining about Nalice making a topic for Wooza's servers because Wooza is banned?
    OF COURSE they make a topic for their community.
    If we like ns2large or not is irrelevant, its been here for a long time and its not going away.
    Which makes Wooza's (the person) uwe bashing equally irrelevant. He was banned as a result, does not mean noone can speak for the community.

As for server stability... I had a glance at the information Furs gathers and Wooza's server is actually doing quite nicely on its performance, especially compared to its lower slot popular counterparts like TTO. Which is also doing just fine.
    Sure, I can not readout some important stats without actually joining the server, so that would skew the end results.
    But many clients forget many issues are equally clientside as they are server side. The client needs to be able to handle 42slots also and I severely doubt many are up to the task.
    I have seen OTHER ns2large servers which were not run by Wooza's and let me flat out say it.. I prefer Wooza keeps at it. IF we continue to have 24+ lets at least have them run as stable as can be. And the others run their 24+ servers at such abysmal performance, compared to that Wooza's is running optimal.
    Of course id not judge Wooza's running optimal myself, but comparisons.. its the most stable ns2large out there atm.

I dislike ns2large as much as anyone but lets be realistic.
    Its not going away.
    Wooza has provided help and information in the past which benefit us all.
    And some people wont ever play normal ns2, only ns2 large.
    IF uwe really wanted it gone, they'd have never made the 24+ option official, in MY opinion.. but thats another topic entirely.
    edited August 2016
    Are we really complaining about Nalice making a topic for Wooza's servers because Wooza is banned?

No.. The "complaining" (if you can even call it that) is about the unnecessary remarks in the original post, along with the "Wooza has done so much for NS2" sentiment...

Honestly if this thread hadn't started with "since Wooza was banned" we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

Also if they added a little disclaimer in their ad it would remove any reason for anyone to mention the possibility for worse performance..
    "Arcade information wall.. A place to get information about the other side of NS2

If you want to try something different come check us out. We offer a larger more chaotic style of game that some find more enjoyable than standard NS2.

*For some performance might be slightly worse, but if you're like us you either won't notice or won't care..

(followed by info about servers/events/etc)

Could even throw in some lighthearted humor "so come check out the dark side... We have cookies!"

Something like that without the negativity and/or the vague "our server is better" type comments woud go a long way towards eliminating negative responses and helping their community grow..