Which side do you enjoy playing on?

YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
edited August 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
Pretty straightforward really, just trying to gauge which side the community enjoys most?

I prefer marines as early game they are so strong, skulk play never interested me even with proper ambush tactics.

What's yours and why?

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Spectators are highly under appreciated up in here!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Spectators are highly under appreciated up in here!

Yeah. Thirsty Onos' free spectator slots taught me that ns2 is actually a very fun game to spectate.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    At this time, i dont like playing either side. I dont enjoy playing NS2 (As it currently stands)

I used to enjoy playing Both, having a well fought game, back and forth. But now. Most games are one sided. and no fun at all.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2016
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    At this time, i dont like playing either side. I dont enjoy playing NS2 (As it currently stands)
    Ah come on man, I don't play the game anymore either. I just based my choice on... Aliens, they be different from other games yo...

Besides, the game agrees with me. Everytime I jump into the random portal, I end up on aliens...
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    In organized games I don't mind playing aliens. But in pubs, which is basically all that's left in this community, I can't stand playing aliens.
  • RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
    I'd vote commander but since there's not the option I'd say aliens, because alien movements is what makes marine aiming fun but also what makes alien fun and ns2 unique
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I voted aliens because I find the movement mechanics far more fun than any other game.

STATS:
    For players with...
    0-100 hours played marine on average 53% of the time
    100-200 hours played marine on average 47% of the time
    200-300 hours played marine on average 48% of the time
    300-400 hours played marine on average 46% of the time
    500+ hours played marine on average 48% of the time

Also, remember, those 0-100 hours make up the majority of the players. Veterans play aliens more often than not.
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Hobbeson wrote: »
    These days playing aliens has become kinda stressful. Lerks go down so quickly to half-decent shots :(

Yea, increasing size of hitboxes was a step in the wrong direction.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited August 2016
    I used to prefer aliens, but in the past year or so, I prefer both equally.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    These days playing aliens has become kinda stressful. Lerks go down so quickly to half-decent shots :(

Yea, increasing size of hitboxes was a step in the wrong direction.

Yeah, earlier today I had a streak of utter marine sided stomps even though we shuffled every round. :I
    But when it's fun it's fun and it provides a stealthy predator experience like no other game does.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Wut? Theres also a marine side you can play on? oO
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    I prefer alien over marine so much that if NS2 was marine vs marine I would've uninstalled after only a couple hours.

Alien is literally the only reason I play NS2 (and devs are killing the fun of alien with their "balance" changes)
  • VivisectorVivisector Tacoma, Wa Join Date: 2016-06-27 Member: 219168Members
    Playing as the aliens is pretty cool but I'm terrible at it. I'm much better at playing marines especially since I tend to play support and I'm not so good with the Gorge. That said I still enjoy both sides.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited August 2016
    For me, I think it depends on my mood... although there's more than just two options, I think there's closer to five.

1. Gorge
    2. Marine
    3. Alien
    4. Marine Comm
    5. Alien Khamm

All 5 give very different experiences. I often like to gorge or khamm because it is more laid back. I suppose I could also add some different playstyles within these categories, even... With Skulks, you even have res-biting vs ambushing vs pack play... you often switch between these roles, but res-biting can also be played as a full time job.
    Well TBH...

Rifle marine
    Shotgun marine
    HEAVY machine gun marine
    Flamer marine
    Nader marine

^+jetty as a modifier

OR any of the EXO's

And of course, the bad shot, support welder

Gotta stop somewhere :D
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Well TBH...

Rifle marine
    Shotgun marine
    HEAVY machine gun marine
    Flamer marine
    Nader marine

^+jetty as a modifier

OR any of the EXO's

And of course, the bad shot, support welder

Gotta stop somewhere :D

I prefer to go on harvester assisted suicide missions to be a huge pain in the alien khamm's butt :D