Titanic Leviathans

TrickyStickTrickyStick USA Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218849Members
Hey folks! It's been a while! Figured I'd offer another suggestion for the game. In case the borders of the map stay the way they were, it would be a cool idea to make monstrous leviathans bigger than any we've seen in game to attack the player and whatever ship they have. Cyclops, the Seamoth. Oh and it eats whatever drifts in its waters. Basically a rough concept I threw together for it.

Comments

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    You posted this in Bugs.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    But it does sound like a cool idea (that has been posted by many people before you)
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    You posted this in Bugs.

I moved it \o/
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    seems like you need more information to flesh out the concept.
  • That_Gaming_Guy1That_Gaming_Guy1 A Strange Water Planet Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216198Members
    The devs said that there will only be the 3 leviathans. The reaper, Dragon, and Emperor.
  • CyionCyion London, ON Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215334Members
    edited August 2016
    What about the ghost leviathan? I'd be sad if it isn't in the game, I don't even care if it is aggressive toward us in the game, I just want to see this thing swim around.

c9wz7k3opy7e.jpg
    I don't think the ghost leviathan will be called by the title of reaper. maybe ghost wyrm. as Wyrms were dragons of folk lore.
  • KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
    I would like to get this a little further : Did anyone play "Jak and Dexter" on Playstation? When you go too far out in the waters there always comes this gigantic fish and just eats you in one bite. Subnautica has an endless void when you pass the borders of the biomes and just goes on and on and on and on... So maybe a creature that starts appearing and chasing you when you go out too much and forcing you to go back to the biome borders would be cool! :)
  • LaMareLeonesLaMareLeones Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216410Members
    Yeah, @kisu I definitely agree with you. We have got to have some kind of limit to where the diver can go. I would say this "deadzone" would be about 200-500 meters outside the game borders so that you as the diver starts to question what really is out there, and then this massive creature would cautiously show up and scare the living hell oatta ya! Honestly WE NEED THIS!
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    I think it should look like nothing we've ever seen before. It should be huge, and if you go out too far in a Cyclops it covers the windscreen with its mouth, and pierces it with its teeth letting water leak in. In a seamoth it should chew you up, and you should shake around in its mouth as the hull integrity depletes at twenty at a time before you're swallowed whole.
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Agree this would be a much better limiter than an invisible wall. Should be something preposterously large so much so we can hardly see portions of it before dying or maybe more of a swarm mechanic where at first one or two are attracted to you but go too far and the swarm comes from the blackness. Brings to mind scenes from the movie Pitch Black but imagine underwater...

Ground-Creatures-Small.jpg

latest?cb=20150323211909

hate to burst your bubbles; but if the arctic biome does come to be, there needs to be several more biomes added along the way. my current theory for the most part is that the submerged continent is a hoodoo; and there could be more that could exists into the deep. the current depth maximum is around 3km, where you'll find the seawalls become floor again.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Sigmalx wrote: »
    hate to burst your bubbles; but if the arctic biome does come to be, there needs to be several more biomes added along the way. my current theory for the most part is that the submerged continent is a hoodoo; and there could be more that could exists into the deep. the current depth maximum is around 3km, where you'll find the seawalls become floor again.

they might not add ANY new biomes at all, except twisty bridges which would be i the confines of the current map.
    true, but the arctic biome would be too cold to sustain the theme, with the current area temperatures barely dropping below 3.2C