Ghost Leviathan?

ZappsteveZappsteve Join Date: 2016-08-04 Member: 220965Members
I just checked the Changes and Checkins and there was something that caught my eye in the new Changeset. It said: /main/LouisK - Upload ghost leviathan exports.
Is it the leviathan going to be in the lost river? Dont wanna say something wrong but if it is im gonna be more excited than i was before for the full version to come out :o

Comments

• BloodGod22BloodGod22 England Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219708Members
    It might be the Leviathan shown in the Lost River artwork that has a transparent skin.
    However, he got cut out somewhere down the line.
    If they did decide to bring him it back then I'm overjoyed!
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @BloodGod22 Squeal_Like_A_Pig said that he and the dev team would be excited to add this in the game, but if they do, it'll be after the full release.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    They could be doing prep work for stuff after v1.0 so things flow smoother
  • ZappsteveZappsteve Join Date: 2016-08-04 Member: 220965Members
    @BloodGod22 Squeal_Like_A_Pig said that he and the dev team would be excited to add this in the game, but if they do, it'll be after the full release.

Im happy that theyre even planing to do that because from what iv heard they actually didnt wanted to add a new leviathan at all so im pretty excited to see wether it will come or not.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @Zappsteve I didn't say they're planning to add it. I said that if it comes (which it might not), it'll be after v1.0. It's not really essential to the story, which is the thing that the devs want to focus on to finish v1.0.
  • CryleveCryleve U.S Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219723Members
    edited August 2016
    Oh yay another friend to run screaming from while,shouting many violent things.I honestly can't wait to see him!
    @Zappsteve I didn't say they're planning to add it. I said that if it comes (which it might not), it'll be after v1.0. It's not really essential to the story, which is the thing that the devs want to focus on to finish v1.0.

Well anyway im gonna be exited for every new terrifiyng creature they´ll add.
  • BloodGod22BloodGod22 England Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219708Members
    I really really hope they do. It's design is probably the best out of all the creatures in Subnautica.
    We need more hammerhead sharks with transparent skin!
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    I saw this in the changes and checkins too, I got really excited and still am. Hoping they can add it in the near future ;)
  • ProdozorProdozor France Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 220992Members
    Prodozor wrote: »
    Can be this one c9wz7k3opy7e.jpg

Thats the thing... I dont know but Ghost Leviathan would really fit for this creature.
  • ProdozorProdozor France Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 220992Members
    He look like a larva, look texture and his small arms, it can be a pre-evolution of the reaper leviathan
    I hope that there will be an even bigger and scarier version of him IF he should be a larva. But yes it could be a pre-evolution of the reaper too. But its beautiful.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Fingers crossed - I think this might be my favourite critter.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Zappsteve wrote: »
    Prodozor wrote: »
    Can be this one c9wz7k3opy7e.jpg

Thats the thing... I dont know but Ghost Leviathan would really fit for this creature.

I mean, that thing IS the Ghost/Phantom Leviathan.
  • cheetored20cheetored20 cheetored20 Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218564Members
    I hope that there will be an even bigger and scarier version of him IF he should be a larva. But yes it could be a pre-evolution of the reaper too. But its beautiful.

*looks at skeleton in lost river and looks back at "larva"*
    i think we know what it grows up to be if it is a larva.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    I imagine the Ghost Leviathan to be a passive creature but carrying a wave of critters and/or hazardous environment in its wake. Like an ill omen, you avoid it not because it'll eat you or your Cyclops, but because of all the stuff it carries along.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    That's a very well thought-out creature. Being transparent is a real evolutionary stratagem often seen at great depths, and the "hammerhead" does not appear to end in eyes. Probably senses by sonar or electromagnetics, in which case having it's sensory apparatus far apart lets it get more accurate readings. Very nicely done!
    edited August 2016
    Everyone who reads this i saw something wierd in todays changelogs:"/main/LouisK - Upload ghost leviathan exports Brian Cummings: hooked it up to the prefab" and a few minutes later this appeared :"/main Brian Cummings: I added you know what to you know where". Is it really the ghost leviathan added or something else? I would like to check what it is but my subnautica is not at the same version at the moment... :c
  • ChrisFoChrisFo Germany/Saxony Join Date: 2016-03-23 Member: 214728Members
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    ChrisFo wrote: »
    z6rtzs7yp5tx.png

$10 says he's trying to trick us.
    Well after all this ive been looking for the sea emperor aswell and couldnt find it... But my hope still stands that well get the ghost leviathan.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    edited August 2016
    If it does get implemented it should have a special "ability". The techniques all of the leviathans use to kill us at the moment are exactly the same; charge and kill, which works but I'd prefer an actual strategy to kill us. Dolphins have different strategies to catch fish. I feel like this would wrap around the player like a ring, and if they're in a seamoth they should jutt their hammerhead beams into the windscreenuntil it smashes and the seamoth floods with water. If the player isn't in a seamoth, I suppose it would prevent you from getting out of a certain area using the ring technique before it smashes you with its beams. It also doesn't look like it has a mouth, it looks like it would eat like a catfish eats. It would go up to the ribs and start extending its mouth, then retracting it, over and over again very quickly to take in the algae on them.
  • LaMareLeonesLaMareLeones Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216410Members
    Look, if this thing is real it will be a hell of a treat to look at. Imagine being in your cyclops investigating the bones of this lost giant creature when suddenly something glowing and transparent flashes before your eyes only to seconds later hearing the hull breach warning and water gushing through the bridge. Honestly, this thing will be freaking awesome if it enters the game!!!
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Look, if this thing is real it will be a hell of a treat to look at. Imagine being in your cyclops investigating the bones of this lost giant creature when suddenly something glowing and transparent flashes before your eyes only to seconds later hearing the hull breach warning and water gushing through the bridge. Honestly, this thing will be freaking awesome if it enters the game!!!

Imagine being in your seamoth and seeing it in the distance. Imagine it glowing, and imagine if lens flare was in the game, and there was blue lens flare in the windscreen as it moves around in the distance. Adding that scary factor to Subnautica again :)
    Just keep talking about it and maybe we'll see it as DLC... don't let its non-existence end our babble!

...Well, wouldn't it be more plausible that the larva grew up in the ribcage of the lost river skeleton and then burst out?
  • cheetored20cheetored20 cheetored20 Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218564Members
    Avimimus wrote: »

...Well, wouldn't it be more plausible that the larva grew up in the ribcage of the lost river skeleton and then burst out?

hu, never thought of that posibility, now that i think about it it does make sense.
    Avimimus wrote: »

Now that you mention it...f683f9awq40w.jpg
    It also could be that the GHOST leviathan is a part of the GHOST tree ( Not sure if it is really called like that...) Comparing the picture of the "Larva" with the tree you can already see similarities but the Key point in this Picture actually is the Egg-like "thing" in the middle of the tree so im not sure if it actually belongs to the skeleton in the lost river if that was what you meant. 1gyi9q4kdq30.jpg
  • EsotericInkEsotericInk Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224533Members
    ChrisFo wrote: »
    z6rtzs7yp5tx.png

$10 says he's trying to trick us.

I say fifty.