Multi-Crew Functionality For Cyclops

SanguisDiabolusSanguisDiabolus Join Date: 2016-07-30 Member: 220790Members
Now I know, there are way more important and more pressing things to be added or worked on in this game before something like this is even considered, but it's an idea I just wanted to throw out.

If multiplayer co-op functionality is ever introduced (in my mind, allowing up to 4 player co-op would be sufficient), I would love to see the Cyclops become a multi-crew vessel.
It should always be able to function with one person as it is now, but I think it would be quite fun if the addition of more players could improve its functionality.

You'd have the pilot at helm control, obviously, and then you could have one player operating and controlling the cameras assisting in tricky navigation or spotting threats and resources. Another player would control what I would call the 'science station,' which would entail operating sonar and scanning equipment. Activating the sonar would work like it does on the Seamoth, and the effect would be visible to the the bridge and camera players. So if you were looking for a cave system for example, the "science officer" would continue pinging with sonar, and the camera operator would signal to the pilot when he saw something. The science station would also be able to scan for resources like the scanner room, and would work in tandem with the cameras just like I described the sonar.

The fourth player would be free to move about the ship, maybe swapping out batteries and power cells, managing items, and he would be the one to jump into the Seamoth when needed.

Comments