NEW SEAMOTH MK.II DESIGN PROPOSAL

chavito34chavito34 spain Join Date: 2016-07-17 Member: 220348Members
edited July 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Hi everybody
I'm new in the community. I love Subnautica and all the conceptual work. but there are few small designs nonsenses... for example: the seamoth has a huge cristla bubble but then it has a big steering wheel in the middle that takes away all the visibility... for this reason I start to design how would be my ideal Seamoth... I hope you like it:

"img http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/486769343074572917/B0EB1125F21A052BB408BB51883295984E559AA1/ /img"

miky_mki_by_chavito34-daafctf.jpg

Comments

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    I can't see the image! But I like the sound of the concept so I'm awesoming it for 2 reasons:
    A.It sounds awesome
    B.It sounds like this is your first post. It is a tradition of mine to awesome any bodies first post that I come across. :)
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Yeah...It just shows up as error.
  • chavito34chavito34 spain Join Date: 2016-07-17 Member: 220348Members
    Ups! i erased my message to you Nick... yes, this is my first post... and I'm trying to post an image... but still I don't know how
    aha.. finally i manage to post the image :)
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    That looks pretty cool! You steer by leaning left and right, I guess?
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Nice idea.... wonder how cyclops docking would work?
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Since the image is nearly flat on the top I could see a magnetic panel of the same silhouette on the bottom of the cyclops just aft of the existing seamoth bay. Not as recessed but more of a snap-to panel that would line up the new craft's engines between the cyclops engines and not mess with the overall shape to much.
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    I wouldn't like it, it would make everything feel more personal. and you wouldn't stand a chance against the leviathan... maybe as a recon vehicle that is very quick but very light
  • 6ismus6ismus Florida Join Date: 2015-12-30 Member: 210592Members
    I also see many errors that I would point out, but I know the devs would never replace the seamoth with this.
    6ismus, Sigmak this is a video game :) The Seamoth can be as resistant as the game designer decided. ;) The fact that you can increase the Seamoth resistant with only "some kind" of "battery" in a compartment it's not very scientific too.... but who cares? it's cool! :) of course devs will do what they consider better.. but in my head the MKII was not a replacement of the actual Seamoth. The MK II would be another ship... I would like that the player could choose between different vehicles and the MKII will be one more. The idea that the Seamoth would be stronger and the MKII faster doesn't sound bad to me
    Slackerstu, awesomeguy101: Well... I designed with the idea that the MKII will NOT be bigger than the Samoth. I don't have the measures of the Seamoth so maybe right now it's not very exact (but i don't mind to change the design that the MKII fits where the Seamoth does). In fact I would say that it's smaller. The upper part of the MKII it's flat with the idea that the player could stand over there and also to put solar panels there too :) thanks for comment ;)
    JameZorg: no, I I didn't think in this in a beguin.... but it's not a bad idea. I my head the steering was increasing the power of only one of the engines (like race boats do)... but after read your comment the idea that you could control the MKII with your body sounds really cool.... but I'm afraid animators will not think the same :D;)
  • CaptainRedbeardCaptainRedbeard Colorado Join Date: 2016-07-29 Member: 220779Members
    I do like this idea of having another sub to choose from. One being small and fast, the other being stronger with more battery life and more crush depth. However, for your design, I would go even smaller. Like a seaglide that encompasses your body. However, make it at least twice as fast as the seaglide by adding another propeller and using power cells. I would also add more forward visibility to your design.

Having said that, I think your designs are very well made and well thought out.
  • MouldybaconMouldybacon Northkorea,USA Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220641Members
    What softwate did you use to make the designs??