How will you get off this rock?

CeepsCeeps Join Date: 2005-01-23 Member: 37626Members
I hope we capture a leviathan and craft spaceship parts inside of it, load ourselves into the precursor cannon and blastoff back to earth.

Comments

• UncertainhavocUncertainhavoc Boulder Join Date: 2016-07-24 Member: 220630Members
    I think the most likely event will be that you use the new resources on the planet, plus whatever happens with the Sea Emperor Prison, to repair the Aurora and take off. Seeing as how you can already repair the drive core, I don't see why you couldn't take it a step further. You're apparently skilled enough to make an entire industrial submarine, so why not repair an interplanetary vessel?
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    I'm guessing my survivor will be found/rescued, rather than escape the planet on his own. The Aurora is utterly ruined as far as taking off again (welding the leaking drive core isn't the same as restoring it to space-worthy condition). We've seen nothing else in game that can be considered even an orbital level spacecraft (the Lifepod has no engines). We know that our distress beacon was received and will be passed along to the authorities/corp HQ (in a little over a year). That gives me a year at least to locate whoever/whatever shot down my ship, and put them out of business.
  • ChudovishChudovish Ru Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219418Members
    Aaaaaaand you must survive this year.
    Have no problem except fish-diet. And if nothing ruined my base (that definitly cant happen now), kill me (except boredom) or bring down rescue ship.
    Last reason - the point. We need to find smth that shoot Aurora and stop that from firing. 1 year and we aregoing home then)
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    This is essentially official information, but we will be able to craft a Launch Platform and an escape craft to leave the planet with materials from the Sea Emperor prison and Precursor Bases. There may also be an alternative ending. That's what we know so far (in a nutshell).
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    %40 of the aurora is missing and blown back into orbit so completely restoring it is out of the question but dont see much holding us from using the molecular fabricator to harvest 1 dark matter drive and an engine to strap onto our cyclops.
    tumblr_mbsdd8SXUk1qfs9xe.gif