Lost about 380 hive score on server with bots

2»

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2016
    Sendz wrote: »
    Again, I want to be clear when I say I am purely throwing ideas around without any testing or evidence I just want to get a discussion going on how to improve the game that is already great in my mind.
    The discussion has been going on for a few years now.

The silly thing is, W/L was originally used to be unusable as Iron said. People found a way.

• SendzSendz In-game alias: Psychlone Join Date: 2008-02-13 Member: 63645Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of the current point system that we can compile to this thread to continue the discussion?
    IronHorse wrote: »
    If dropping a medpack on marines gives me +3 score points, I will bankrupt my team to increase my own level.
    If building structures gives me safe and easy points, I will be hanging out near base all round.
    Killing boosts my level more than anything? Cool, I'll always be baiting my teammates and egglocking / waiting for spawning aliens without wanting to finish the round.

- For the medpack, maybe there could be a condition for the commander to receive points only on used packs
    - For structures maybe the points would be safer, but long term you wouldn't receive many points if all you do is stay in base and could cause your team to lose, therefore lose out on potential points you could have made
    - For the last point, people do that anyways so I don't know if it would really have much of an impact
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    The last few days I have been thinking on a similar subject. I have been thinking the score system doesn't always make sense. Is killing 8 skulks worth the same as killing a hive?

I have been thinking about putting together a list of actions in game, and then creating a survey to compare their worth. I would then use this survey to try and determine a more realistic scoring.
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    Seems to me like its a pointless discussion.. two things should simply be noted
    First
    - Loosing Hiveskill against Bots should be forbidden

Second
    - There should be a different Hiveskill for being Marine/Alien and Field/Commander

That should be fixed asap.. after that a discussion could be useful
    Handschuh wrote: »
    First

Second
    - There should be a different Hiveskill for being Marine/Alien and Field/Commander

I agree about that with bots.
    Different skills for marines and aliens is a confirmed feature for hive 2.0
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Nordic wrote: »
    Handschuh wrote: »
    First

Second

I agree about that with bots.
    Different skills for marines and aliens is a confirmed feature for hive 2.0

Eventually I think, though not initially. These are useful for tracking, but I'm still not sure what the best way to use them to balance teams is.