Decompression sickness

josepicjosepic Australia Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212464Members
Will decompression sickness or the bends ever be fully implemented in to the game or will it just stay a console command.

Comments

• ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    It read somewhere that they had plans to implement something that punishes you for surfacing too fast. But I don't know if that got past the "We thought about it." state. Maybe we will see something like a light Version of it, on the otherside, how would you implement it? Stay several seconds at certain dephts like a real diver? That would be somewhat realistic but since we have to surface every 1-3 mins it could well lead to many drowning deaths or to just a more frequent First Aid Kit use since many players would ignore it as long as it won't kill you? I don't know.

I'd rather like to "ignore" that bit of realism for a more fluid gameplay.
  • WarViperWarViper Texas Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216062Members
    They had thought about it but it was removed because it was not a fun game play mechanic.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    The buildup of nitrogen in the lungs, "the bends" etc are all things could be conceivably prevented and/or cured with sufficiently advanced technology.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    There's a console command for that. I'm not sure if it works though. I believe its NITROGEN.
  • ToothlessToothless Uderwater Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220019Members
    If ever they do this we need much ,much bigger oxygen tanks otherwise you can forget about going deep.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Which page is the new discussion button on I spent a minute looking for it... :neutral:
  • AncoliusAncolius Nederland Join Date: 2015-02-01 Member: 201148Members
    Just need to build a lot of decompressing bases and make use of the seamoth or cyclops.
  • Sigil_ThaneSigil_Thane Oklahoma, USA Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210855Members
    Toothless wrote: »
    If ever they do this we need much ,much bigger oxygen tanks otherwise you can forget about going deep.

TWSS
  • CeepsCeeps Join Date: 2005-01-23 Member: 37626Members
    DagothUr wrote: »
    The buildup of nitrogen in the lungs, "the bends" etc are all things could be conceivably prevented and/or cured with sufficiently advanced technology.

Craftable aqualung!
    But yeah, gameplay wise it'd be quite tedious.