New Submersibles

fakin2fakin2 Vancouver, BC Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220012Members
Note: If you are thinking of posting a new sub you're welcome to post ideas, but please don't just post manta ray subs. They are kinda overused, just saying.
I was playing subnautica, and got the cyclops and seamoth, but noticed the shortage of subs so I thought about posting some ideas for subs. What I also noticed was a shortage of hostile/peaceful creatures, as well as all the subs you need blueprints for and they are all from the aurora, but what if you could create a NEW sub that you make the blueprint for. I was thinking of a submersible made after the shuttlebug. You would need to study it first and then create a blueprint. It would be significantly larger than the cyclops, have a docking station for the cyclops at the back. Before I get into the whole mess about the docking and my indecision on where the hatch is and how it will be docked as well as how the sub looks inside, I'd like to explain a bit.
(I numbered them because of the drawing I did on paper, I numbered each part)
1. This is probably my favorite part of it, either an upgrade that would do this or just when you make it, having the legs or whatever they are that reach out past the window making a huge statis rifle, that you could charge that would use up power. It would have a much larger area that it would affect, but the sub would have protection against the gravitational freeze and could move through the frozen area without being affected. Or instead of a statis rifle it could be a perimeter defence that is more affective than the seamoth's. I'll leave the inside for last, but I'll just say, it could have more than 4 upgrades only, like 8 or something. (2 computer chips, 1 advanced wiring kit, 1 wiring kit, 1 power cell, and 1 copper wire)

2. The front of the shuttlebug that is the rounded thing (not sure if it's an eye XD) would be enamelled glass and the window to look out of while steering. The window would be 2 times the size of the cyclops's. I also thought of having the glass reinforced by thin, small titanium bars over all of the glass. (10 enamelled glass, 5 titanium, 1 plasteel ingot)

3. On the legs for the first part, there would be things that function as fins on each leg thing. They would be made out of plasteel and silicon rubber. (1 lithium, 1 titanium, and 1 silicon rubber)

4. On the side of the sub there would be thrusters or propellers to add speed to the sub. (1 copper wire, 1 titanium ingot, and lubricant)

5. On the Shuttlebug there is a raised area that goes from each leg/arm at the front of the shuttlebug and goes all the way to each flipper, but on the submersible the raised area is instead another fin. (3 lithium, 4 titanium, and 5 silicon rubber.

6. The back of the ShuttleBug would be a flat surface with a bulkhead on it. The bulkhead is for entering the cyclops when it is docked. (Plasteel ingot)

7. The flippers are for docking a seamoth in each one. (Plasters)

8. The bottom of the flippers are not cupped like on an actual ShuttleBug, but sealed off so a seamoth may be docked inside.

9. In the middle of the flipper there is a place the opens up for the seamoth to dock like on the cyclops. Just so you know the flippers don't move.

10. When the cyclops is driven to the back of the shuttlebug, the flippers close, and the cyclops is docked inside and the player can remain inside and fabricate items and look inside lockers, and can exit and enter freely, but to exit the docking station, inside the cyclops you go back to the steering wheel, and the shuttlebug will open up so you can exit.

11. The inside would have 3 floors, you can control the sub from any level, because there are 3 steering wheels, one for each floor, because to glass bubble reaches all layers. From the front where the glass is, there is a ladder that would lead down to the level below. The upgrade area would be near the front, and there would be a control area to toggle lights inside, as well as for different levels. From the control panel you could access the upgrades, and place up to 8 upgrades in at once. There is also cameras on the outside like the cyclops, except there are more, and they can come off the shuttlebug and look around inside caves, etc. There are multiple hatches to enter and exit, but there are also many bulkheads inside. There are 16 power cells inside that are located at the middle of the sub. The back has entrances to the flippers, and the cyclops docking station. Solar panels can be placed on the shuttlebug and bioreactors can be placed inside. Alien containments can be placed inside the shuttlebug also.

That's all I've got for now though, but if you have ideas for other subs or stuff to add on, please post below. This took me awhile to type XD

Comments

• ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    The idea sounds nice but I think with the biomes and the "space" we have inside those at the moment. We would not have much use for such a giant sub. And having it only for the borderlines of the map where we have more/wider space would kinda defeat its purpose I think. So unless UWE decides to give us way more space then we have now, I can't see a reasonable use for a submarine that big. Depending on the biome you can even have problems maneuvering the Cyclops around. Not everywhere of course but some biomes can be difficuilt to navigate through with it.

Ah and by the way...you number things after a drawing youd made, but I can't find a link to that drawing anywhere. May it be that you forgot to include it in your post?
  • fakin2fakin2 Vancouver, BC Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220012Members
    The image is not posted yet, because it was too dark to take a picture lol. I think some new deeper biomes should be added, so a sub like this could be useful, but I see your point. Subs like the seamoth with more upgrade modules would be more needed I guess. If new, scarier creatures are added I'd feel safer in a sub like this lol. (I was too scared to go to the crash site till I got the cyclops because of reapers XD) The idea for this is kinda a portable base, so if you deplete one area, you move to another, hence the solar panels for charging.
  • fakin2fakin2 Vancouver, BC Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220012Members
    I should suggest some biomes to help the devs out XD. Or some creatures. I see this people posting these things that are SOOOOO huge and deadly, but what about box jellyfish, they kill you if you touch them and there not that big even. Then I saw someone's post, and I'm like, good for them.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    edited July 2016
    DEEP-SEA-.jpg

IMHO, what the game needs is to make Cyclops way harder to get (it's basically a game breaker at this point) and introduce something between in and the Seamoth. The new Exosuit thing got me thinking that a good old fashioned deep sea sub is the answer.

Something bigger than a Seamoth but not the size of six Greyhound buses stacked together, so that's an improvement right there. Naturally it would be slower than a Seamoth as well, but that's OK because the Seamoth is meant to be an explorer. The kind of submersible I'm talking about would be a doer machine. Meaning it would have, say, two to four powercells, at least six upgrade slots and the arm functions of the Exosuit - plus a nice big cargo bay for hauling stuff. So it could work down to obnoxious depth levels and do some mining/gathering, or with the right modules scan/study/do science stuff, or just act a much slower (but more pressure resistant) version of the Seamoth.

Weak point obviously being that you better be packing a tazer module because you're not going to outrun or evade any kind of predator in this. Also would need a lot more juice to run than our nimble Seamoth (I can't see the point in adding solar modules for a unit meant to operate at below 1000m).

The way I see it, the Seamoth is a motorcycle and the Cyclops is a zeppelin. What we need is an pick-up truck, y'know? Something practical between the current extremes.
  • GreyFox33GreyFox33 Australia Join Date: 2016-07-13 Member: 220145Members
    I agree with DagothUr, we do need something in between the Cyclops and the Seamoth. Something that can take a few hits too.

I have an idea also. What about a remote controlled sub, similar to the seamoth. Something that you could modify to scavenge the seabeds and caves for minerals, crystals etc. Obviously it would have to be fragile and require some juice to power it as a negative, maybe even put a limited range on it. Otherwise we could just sit comfortably in our habitats getting fat while the scavenger does all the work lol.
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    Personally if the P.R.A.W.N. Suit can be docked in the cyclops, that'd make my day.