Some new problems with the new update after hot fix (Devs please read)

Comments

• Paterson07Paterson07 Scotland Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219974Members
    edited July 2016
    I've eventually came across a little issue preventing me from equipping a new o2 tank. Made a totally new high cap tank and cannot equip it at all, press equip and it just stays in inventory. I tried to unequip old tank but im unable to even highlight the tank slot, the highlight select just moves from signal slot to inventory and suit slot but refuses to highlight tank.

I am and always have been loving the game but being forced keep a bog standard tank in that slot has stopped me in my tracks. My characters o2 total does increase but i would rather be able to replace basic tank and use a high cap one in its place simply for space/efficiency and was able to do so before update and hotfix. Anyone else having similar issue?

*Feedback tool not letting me do anything other than enter text either so cannot use that to report issue

**Issue solved, have to actually remove any equipped suit before you can select/replace tank, pretty sure that didnt occur prior to update though
  • Silver_EssenceSilver_Essence Burnt river, Ontario, Canada Join Date: 2016-06-28 Member: 219268Members
    I can't toggle the cyclops lights either, as well as the scanner rooms console. I don't know if Anyone had mentioned this yet but the giant floaters are all but missing. I found one in the underwater islands near the wreck. The biggest issue I've found is when the aurora is about to explode the audio goes crazy and gets extremely loud. Then it kinda overlays all the explosion noises at once. I thought my speakers where blowing when it first happened but then the text popped up with the countdown.
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    Is anyone having Reaper's not spawn naturally anymore? I can spawn them but I haven't seen one since the hotfix, that's the only way I see them anymore and they also don't make their signature roaring noise.

same here i even went to the blood Kelp and no crab squids to and there my fav to

Yeah, none of the new creatures that were added that could spawn in their respective biome before the hotfix spawn anymore unfortunately unless spawned with dev commands.

devs please fix the monsters to spawn in the BIOMES i want fear
  • SicknTwisted94SicknTwisted94 Louisiana Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218490Members
    Not sure if anyone else struggles with this, but I'm not a fan of the button reassignments. It was already difficult to catch fish, but being able to use the trigger while steering made it bearable. However, no that it only uses the already button, I'm finding it almost impossible, especially with the faster peepers. Even the airsacks are difficult to catch now.
  • MayaMidnightMayaMidnight NC Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217074Members
    Not sure if anyone else struggles with this, but I'm not a fan of the button reassignments. It was already difficult to catch fish, but being able to use the trigger while steering made it bearable. However, no that it only uses the already button, I'm finding it almost impossible, especially with the faster peepers. Even the airsacks are difficult to catch now.

You can change the button layout in the menu, I think it's in the options section under controller.
  • ArchememnonArchememnon USA Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220007Members
    Paterson07 wrote: »
    **Issue solved, have to actually remove any equipped suit before you can select/replace tank, pretty sure that didnt occur prior to update though

Quite right Paterson, it didn't. However you could not 'equip' a tank at all prior to the patch. Being able to have an airtank without losing that valuable inventory space is a certain boon though.

The fish are certainly harder with the new scheme. User Norulv posted a small change that they prefer to defaults (Scroll down to see the post there.) and I'll second them. changing that left hand button from A to left trigger helps with catching the fish, and the reload button to arrow pad down is very helpful. You have to reload things like the seaglide now, it no longer auto-uses batteries.
  • sumrrainsumrrain USA Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220003Members
    Any word on a fix for the disappearing blueprints or a work around? Even the developer menu option is not working. You can scan a thousand fragments and not replace the blueprint you had already caompleted (but it disappeared). When we rebooted the xbox so we could have fish again (since the only options was to die to get food/water), the new patch deleted all our blueprints. We cannot recapture them via picking up pieces or using the dev option.
  • xlDa3lxxlDa3lx Oregon Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217813Members
    Hello, I just wanted to report that as well as the above bugs, I seem to be unable to open any bulkhead doors in my base no matter what buttons I press or reassign, similar to the Cyclops lights, seamoth station, and scanner room console mentioned above.

Deleted a door to get outside and when I got in my Cyclops the almighty lag caused me to log out and take a break haha. Didn't see the door thing posted yet.

Best of luck with the bugs and smoothing out of things, can't wait to play and find some crabsquids! :)
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Members
    edited July 2016
    Flayra wrote: »
    Thanks for all the feedback @xXxFRoDOxXxSwAGGiNs. We'll take a look at those now.

Hey @Stormfang - I think maybe game preview isn't for you. The entire concept of game preview is that a) you get the game early and b) we build/fix/add to the game along at the same time. This process is made very clear, we give you a one hour demo and Microsoft allows refunds.

So while we certainly don't like bugs either (trust me, no one dislikes bugs more than us), this is just all part of the process. I think maybe you should ask for a refund or if you want to support us and you believe in the game, just wait a little while before playing again if you're frustrated.

the @ things are messed up haha. but i think you meant me.
  • DregonLadyDregonLady Join Date: 2016-06-23 Member: 218971Members
    Im having issues with the bubble thing, the solar panel, and some of my fragments arent working ( I collected all of the mobile vehicle bay and it wont let me make it yet). And just a few minutes ago my game went completely black.. I just shut my xbox off and Im going to wait before I go back in game.
  • seapixie1seapixie1 Boise, ID USA Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219958Members
    edited July 2016
    Wish_4_Wishes
    I basically did a uninstall, then re-installed, and absolutely nothing changed. So not sure what to do to play. Love the game, but not going to play it if progress can't be saved, or I can even move. : ( What did you mean by the delete of data associated with Sub? Does anyone, by chance, know if the dev's are working on correcting the glitch the update/hotfix has created, and when they might release the fix? Thanks.
  • PalmerPalmer Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220037Members
    edited July 2016
    Okay devs, I just gotta say. Great work with the update & putting out that hot fix as quick as you did. I did lose a save game. But that doesn't really bother me too much. I mean, such things are expected from a game preview. Ive now come across a few more bugs such as underwater sounds that I don't believe should be in my location, the bubble noise (only once in about 5 hours), as well as weird flashes of light that appear during night time (occasionally), being in my the lifepod causes my screen to shake like my guy is having a seizure (not terribly noticeable however), occasional limestone contents will disappear. Performance also seems to have improved while not a whole lot, enough to where I believe it's a step in the right direction. Just a suggestion or maybe you've already done it. But what about bringing in someone who has worked on very similar type games (or at least open world) on Xbox to kind of give you guys an idea of what settings should be tweaked for the game to run smoothly. If It's something you all want to learn for yourselves I completely understand, merely a suggestion since your team has been strictly PC. Again, just wanted to congratulate you on the update & to keep up the fine work your team is doing.
    (Will update if any more bugs are discovered)
  • mechtrix11mechtrix11 United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219603Members
    Anyone seeing the reaper?
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    I haven't either mechtrix11
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    edited July 2016
    mechtrix11 wrote: »
    Anyone seeing the reaper?

The feeling right now is none of the biggies can't spawn in their natural environments yet by themselves but you can now spawn them in if you like with the dev controls.
  • muteonemuteone Australia Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216850Members
    Sorry to say, too many bugs to list them all. The worst being blueprints bug, spawning with exosuit bug and sound issues. No fun playing at all in its current state, hope you guys can get some decent fixes out to us soon. Still impressed with your communication efforts keeping us pretty well informed though.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    muteone wrote: »
    spawning with exosuit bug
    Can you explain what this bug means? The Exosuit isn't released yet.
  • xNeil_ArmstrongxNeil_Armstrong The Moon Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216919Members
    MrClean83 wrote: »
    Cyclopes has no horn or lights, makes hard to drive in the dark. Especially with the glare on the inside of the bubble, which was a little inconvinate with working lights.
    The Cyclops definitely has lights, both exterior and interior. Have you tried using the little panel near one of the computer terminals in the control room that has 2 light icons on it? By clicking on those you can turn the exterior lights off and on, as well as the interior lights.

Yes the panel is there but it does nothing when you click it. Also the ext cams don't work. I also haven't been able to get the horn to work, which isn't too big of an issue but I love to hear the call of the cyclops ring through the ocean.
  • xNeil_ArmstrongxNeil_Armstrong The Moon Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216919Members
    I went to the Jelly shroom biome and there were no jelly shrooms or Crab snakes, just the violet plants and a few others.
    edited July 2016
    muteone wrote: »
    spawning with exosuit bug
    Can you explain what this bug means? The Exosuit isn't released yet.

Yeah a couple times it happened when I started a new game and once during a game, a helmet visor appears to slide down over face (does not change hud or vision) and I can not swim only walk on sea floor, when I look down at my chest it would appear the exosuit is being worn and not a wet suit, but it does not show in any of the inventory slots at all. Ive only been able to fix it by exit game and/or restarting xbox. I can only assume it's the exosuit.....

edit- I have just replicated this and taken a screenshot and game clip, glitch occurs at approx 3min 50sec into game clip. my gamertag is warpig0757
  • ThundererLivesThundererLives Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220056Members
    edited July 2016
    I'm really loving this game and the update is awesome but I don't know if it was a bug or i just broke the game somehow but something happened to my world and everything was fine for a bit until i build a base. Then later i went out to look for more supplies but nothing would spawn no fish sandstone/limestone chunks anything would spawn at all. so i went back to the save file i made of the world about 2 hours before this happened and nothing would still spawn for me.
  • mechtrix11mechtrix11 United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219603Members
    I went to the bloodkelp area and their was no bloodkelp either just like the jellyshroom caves.
    All knew creatures are missing.
    Reaper, Crabsquid, sea treder, and maby more.
    Invisible silver and copper ores.
    Blue print not unlocking glitch.
    It seems that the sound bug is actually you hearing far creatures farther off than you should or sounds from places you were a little while ago.
    Water filtration machine was heard from my base in the safe shallows all the way near the floating island. Also heard shockers near the araura after leaving the koosh zone.

Devs here's another bug list for you that I personally found.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    @muteone The exosuit isn't a suit that you could see yourself wear - it's more like a small battlemech - it's something the player sits in and drives.

Falling to the sea floor and having the game behave like you're still indoors when you are in fact in the open water is a bug that has cropped up from time to time - you can try using the console to fix it by warping back to base with WARPME, or you could try building a seabase if you have the materials, then going in then back out.
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    @muteone The exosuit isn't a suit that you could see yourself wear - it's more like a small battlemech - it's something the player sits in and drives.

Falling to the sea floor and having the game behave like you're still indoors when you are in fact in the open water is a bug that has cropped up from time to time - you can try using the console to fix it by warping back to base with WARPME, or you could try building a seabase if you have the materials, then going in then back out.

Mining mech dude they mining vessel lol
    edited July 2016
    Sidchicken wrote: »

Ive heard of the seabed glitch before, but this bug has a visor type animation occur and a white mech looking suit is automatically equiped, (not any one of the wet suits), Ive never spawned the exosuit or even seen a pic of it so I could be wrong but thats what it seems to be to me.

just looked up some exosuit pics on the wiki, and your right this bug aint the exosuit lol that thing is huge. but the white suit thats automatically equiped when this bug happens does not look like any of the wet suits either......could be the radiation suit.
  • phughett213phughett213 Ralegh, NC Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219882Members
    I still cant load, no option even present in menu and have now repeatedly encounterd game breaking glitch in creative where right from spawn i fall through water to sea bed and walk, doesnt recognize im in water. Is hotfix automatic or do i need to manually download? Also is my old save useable or do in need tocreate new game?
  • Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
    From what ive read in the forums so far it seems like creative mode is bugged. Kinda funny to me because i only play survival. Even though i know creative mode really helps for testing i still cant help having this small feeling of "thats what happens when you play the easy way."

Sorry
  • xstarbuckxxstarbuckx Uk Join Date: 2016-06-02 Member: 217986Members
    Sorry but the stutters and lag are so much worse. Reinstalled and this did nothing. The pop up is also worse now I find myself crashing into rocks that havn't loaded yet
  • phughett213phughett213 Ralegh, NC Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219882Members
    Wish_4_Wishes i was only in creative because icant load my survival game or create new save to load
  • DregonLadyDregonLady Join Date: 2016-06-23 Member: 218971Members
    I just restarted my game due to blue prints not working and now anytime I try to start a new survival game my character doesnt swim.. I just shut off my console and I will re try in a bit to see if that was the problem!