is the update out now

coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
edited July 2016 in Subnautica on Consoles
hey DEVS i have seen fans say they have the update but i have had no update to the game since i downloaded the game is it cuz i live in the UK and it takes time to come to UK do we have to wait longer

Comments

• RonsloRonslo Ireland Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217036Members
    I think it's only out for people in the Xbox preview program
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Ronslo wrote: »

Uh, isn't the entire game ONLY out on the preview program?
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    whats that am i in it i got the game on day one when it was up for buy
    Ronslo wrote: »

Uh, isn't the entire game ONLY out on the preview program?

i got it the second it was on the store to buy on xbox and i have no update ? whats going on .
  • dadebluntsdadeblunts usa Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219819Members
    probably meant the preview program that lets some people have access to new dashboard updates before they are out to the public. might also get game updates sooner. probably said that as people in the other thread who were having problems loading/saving were saying they were in fact members of said program.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer

i got it the second it was on the store to buy on xbox and i have no update ? whats going on .
    That is a very good question, and one we are trying to figure out, as well.
    dadeblunts wrote: »
    probably meant the preview program that lets some people have access to new dashboard updates before they are out to the public. might also get game updates sooner. probably said that as people in the other thread who were having problems loading/saving were saying they were in fact members of said program.

so when for us if you ask me very unfair they get it not being harsh
  • XBOneray125XBOneray125 Florida Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219847Members

Believe me you don't want this update. Be happy you're able to keep your current build so you have something to do. In the mean time I'm sure Devs are working on all scenarios.

That is a very good question, and one we are trying to figure out, as well.

so i was not ment to buy it as vip players was only ment to get it want about my money i did buy it so if it was not ment to be on xbox store will MS take it away
    edited July 2016
    Interesting, yeah, we just found that out. It does indeed seem like people who are part of the Xbox preview program get access to updates sooner then the rest, so that must be what is happening here.
    No idea, that is not something we don't have any control over, and only just recently found out about. Totally a microsoft thing, nothing to do with us.
    Interesting, yeah, we just found that out. It does indeed seem like people who are part of the Xbox preview program get access to updates sooner then the rest, so that must be what is happening here.
    No idea, that is not something we don't have any control over, and only just recently found out about. Totally a microsoft thing, nothing to do with us.

its ok buddy thank you so when can we have it do you know
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Members

Are you serious, the update is just right there for me, but i cant get it... :(
    one things for sure IM SO PISSED AT MS .
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    For that that have not gotten the update and want to push it I had to unplug power from my xbox to do a hard restart and that triggered the patch for me.
  • xxxL3gitRushxxxxxxL3gitRushxxx United States Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219606Members
    Slackerstu wrote: »
    For that that have not gotten the update and want to push it I had to unplug power from my xbox to do a hard restart and that triggered the patch for me.

Are you in the Preview Program?
    edited July 2016
    no not in preview as far as i know. nothing I've signed up for myself
  • Ekush03Ekush03 Kentucky Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219797Members
    Hello devs help me my game is not updating
    @Slackerstu how do you do a hard reset?
    Ekush03 wrote: »

depends on the xbox settings. I set mine up to be "always on" and that means even in power down it is still partially active and it powers back up in seconds. This is not the same as being all the way powered off. I just unplugged mine and powered it back up to find i had the update.

Hold the xbox button where you turn it on and off on the console and hold it for 5 seconds, it will do a hard reset.
    Hello devs help me my game is not updating
    Oh I've done it 3 times and it hasn't worked
    Oh I've done it 3 times and it hasn't worked

i just uninstalled subnautica and installed it again and i got the update.
    @xxxL3gitRushxxx that sucks at least it's a small game
    @xxxL3gitRushxxx that sucks at least it's a small game

it will get alot bigger in time might go to 50GB or more later down the line
    @coldsteellegg yeah do you have the not being able to load saves problem?

i got the update and the save and load works for me and to me it passed CERT like anything everything runs 100% i saved and it was fine when i came back tbh i thing your all just unlucky to me nuffings up with this update
  • MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members

i got the update and the save and load works for me and to me it passed CERT like anything everything runs 100% i saved and it was fine when i came back tbh i thing your all just unlucky to me nuffings up with this update

Are you in the xbox preview program?

I mean the program with the beta dashoard updates. Im wondering if the bug only effects people with the beta dasboard. You will know if you have the beta dashboard if you have a new updates tab in my games and apps.

• Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    I am not in the preview program, yet have all the bugs of the new update. It has nothing to do with that.
  • MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
    Mk2 wrote: »
    I am not in the preview program, yet have all the bugs of the new update. It has nothing to do with that.
    ok. thanks.

I just think its odd how it doesn't seem to effect everyone.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Hey coldsteel,

Looks like not everyone is getting the update at the moment. Trying to figure out what's going on now.

You can read more here:
    http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/xbox-update-incoming/