Whitelist?

NekrageNekrage Join Date: 2007-07-20 Member: 61635Members
What does it take to get a server whitelisted...what are the benefits of doing so?

Can the server be passworded?

Comments

• migalskimigalski Boston Join Date: 2014-07-02 Member: 197181Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nekrage wrote: »
    What does it take to get a server whitelisted...what are the benefits of doing so?

Whitelisted: Basically is allowed to record game stats to hive, as far as i'm aware the servers need to not have any major game changing elements but i'm not sure if an official statement has been made.

Benefits: Your matches record the stats to hive, that's about it.

Pass worded: i'm assuming since server with comp mod were allowed to be used and were all pass worded that they can be.

Also if any of the pdt read this, is there any reason diamond gamers is still white listed even though hell runners isn't? They currently have mods that increase the hydra limit to 10 as well as basically replace the default maps with custom maps they created. How is this less sever than hell runners?
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    migalski wrote: »
    Nekrage wrote: »

Whitelisted: Basically is allowed to record game stats to hive, as far as i'm aware the servers need to not have any major game changing elements but i'm not sure if an official statement has been made.

Benefits: Your matches record the stats to hive, that's about it.

Pass worded: i'm assuming since server with comp mod were allowed to be used and were all pass worded that they can be.

Also if any of the pdt read this, is there any reason diamond gamers is still white listed even though hell runners isn't? They currently have mods that increase the hydra limit to 10 as well as basically replace the default maps with custom maps they created. How is this less sever than hell runners?

Hellrunners disables HP bars and devs love their health bars. Whitelisting never was consistent.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    You need 50 or more recorded games to be whitelisted. I think they need to have at least 10 or 12 players, and last more than 5 minutes. I am not sure on the actual requirements.