Cyclops

Shabba60Shabba60 england Join Date: 2016-06-25 Member: 219108Members
Not sure if it would work but how about a glass cockpit.I think that the view is very limited especially to the sides and below.

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I vaguely recall the devs saying that is intentional. Most people prefer to drive using Camera 1 as viewpoint.
  • BadfrogBadfrog Coast of Maine Join Date: 2016-06-29 Member: 219291Members
    They need to add lights to the cameras... When you are at depth, they are worthless. The fact you can't see anything unless you are pointed directly at it from 20 feet away is annoying.

A better sonar system is needed, I hate cruising along and not getting any warning that something is in front of me till I'm about to crash into it.
    Terrain mapping would be helpful, a scanner module that records terrain and mineral deposits, etc, and then synchs with the scanner room where you are in range of your base. (a cyclops docking station would be ideal to facilitate this)

Also, move the headlight/floodlight switch to the hud, Ike the camera switch. Having to exit drive mode to turn them off/on is silly.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Badfrog wrote: »
    They need to add lights to the cameras... When you are at depth, they are worthless. The fact you can't see anything unless you are pointed directly at it from 20 feet away is annoying.

A better sonar system is needed, I hate cruising along and not getting any warning that something is in front of me till I'm about to crash into it.
    Terrain mapping would be helpful, a scanner module that records terrain and mineral deposits, etc, and then synchs with the scanner room where you are in range of your base. (a cyclops docking station would be ideal to facilitate this)

Also, move the headlight/floodlight switch to the hud, Ike the camera switch. Having to exit drive mode to turn them off/on is silly.

*insert crotchety old man here* BACK IN MAH DAY WE DIDNT EVEN HAVE SONAR ON OUR CYCLOPES
  • charles2066charles2066 Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216415Members
    they need to had on cyclop : a sonar room, a filtration machine, more camera with lights that are at the side of the player open at all the time, more light and that they are more powerfull, long radar range, moon pool for seamoth and one for exosuit and a modification station for the seamoth, more place in storage, power generator like bioreactor nuclear reactor, modification station and frabricator already placed, more power, aqurium that fish can auto get in and can be placed but cannot go out, more slots for modification, deeper maximum depth, windows, for the normal base a cyclop moon pool, food making machine and my brain have no more idea for the cyclops sorry :'( and finnally bigger cyclops for more place to move imagine if the player had clostrophobia bad life for him so please i want that subnautica creator had my idea that will be cool and ill be happy
  • WeylandWeyland Russia Join Date: 2016-06-30 Member: 219364Members
    they need to had on cyclop :
    Yo Dawg, I heard you like submarines.
    So we've put a Cyclops inside your Cyclops so you can submerge while you submerge.
    But for real, driving Cyclops along the bottom is just annoying when you can't see what's in front of you and depth renders cameras useless. I guess there should be upgrade that adds lights to cameras. Or we should be able to mount spotlights on Cyclops using builder. Also it would be cool to be able to use sonar from the Seamoth you docked into Cyclops (if you have one installed).
  • OldHomelessGuyOldHomelessGuy Washington Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219007Members
  • Brandonbay7Brandonbay7 Canada Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219428Members
    I have an idea to solve the issue of sight. I feel like the cyclops is a little low tech for an advanced human race thats capable of space exploration and massive mining expeditions. Dont get me wrong I love most of the features and the fact that you can customise it by placing fabricators, locker ect. wherever you want. But unfortunately the navigation and visibility is poor and its hard to move around. I think this is largely due to two factors. The shape and the cockpit. Im not going to stress too much on the shape because the developers probably dont want to totally change that but I find that the shape is to long and narrow so it makes it aerodynamic when going forward but it makes it hard to turn because of where the thrusters are placed. Honestly Im not even sure on a good design but id like this game to be more alien and advanced and high tech like some concepts they have like the fabricator. I was thinking a saucer like the seamoth would be a good shape because it has great design and can move in any direction with ease and speed. the only problem would be ascending and descending due to the size necessary for the cyclops' long term research and exploration vessel purpose. I think that could be solved by needing to tilt the vehicle sideways to create less drag when moving up or down. I know that design is cliche considering most alien species are believed to fly in saucers so if anybody has any better ideas do say. Now for the cockpit which I think needs to be updated. When i first built the cyclops i loved it cause there were several different rooms like an actual ship and have the nice clean looking bridge with the computers and the big open window. It looks amazing but it doesnt really suit its purpose. The cockpit should be near the center of the ship because there is no need for a window considering its a poor view point to navigate from. Instead a window would serve better in a storage/living space where you would do your other duties aside from navigation because it would act as an interesting visual while you worked/crafted/researched. Instead the cockpit should be a central room with computers and screens on the wall with stats and camera footage and what not. You should then sit in a chair where you will then navigate the cyclops. Ive come up with a few ideas depending on how hightech you wanted to get but with the current model of the cyclops having cameras placed on the top bottom and each end would be sufficient and then to have spotlights at each camera. This idea seems like a lot of work for a little purpose but i think the cockpit could be condensed to leave more room for the research and survival purposes in the ship. The idea now seems long and pointless but id like to see more tech and attachments in the ship for the research and exploration of the game and to have the cyclops as a movable base.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited July 2016
    they need to had on cyclop : a sonar room, a filtration machine, more camera with lights that are at the side of the player open at all the time, more light and that they are more powerfull, long radar range, moon pool for seamoth and one for exosuit and a modification station for the seamoth, more place in storage, power generator like bioreactor nuclear reactor, modification station and frabricator already placed, more power, aqurium that fish can auto get in and can be placed but cannot go out, more slots for modification, deeper maximum depth, windows, for the normal base a cyclop moon pool, food making machine and my brain have no more idea for the cyclops sorry :'( and finnally bigger cyclops for more place to move imagine if the player had clostrophobia bad life for him so please i want that subnautica creator had my idea that will be cool and ill be happy

Me: ..... and i want a bike with a light in front and also a wii with 15 diff game and i want also a computer to play with my bro and i want pool so we can all swim at summer and i want a Nerf gun and a water gun and i want also a PSP and, and .....

Fake santa @ the mall: Hold yer horses kid, you couldnt possibly have been this good the past year to deserve all those wonderful things!

Me: Well .... i drove my mom crazy a couple times but it wasnt that many times! Can i at least have the lights on the Cyclop's cameras?

Fake Santa: Sorry Kiddo, dont think santa will be able to pull that one off .... how about that PSP you asked sooner?

Me: F*** U Santa! ''runs off crying like a lil spoiled **** ''