CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members

5t8moua3dlma.jpg
I found the Sea Treaders! WOW!

Comments

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Aw they're so cute!

But you better get back into your sub there! xD
  • ScyphozaScyphoza Join Date: 2010-05-09 Member: 71680Members
    @BeclemMiller That screenshot makes it look like they are under arrest with their arms in the air. The lights from the sub and everything are perfect.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited June 2016
    Scyphoza wrote: »
    @BeclemMiller That screenshot makes it look like they are under arrest with their arms in the air. The lights from the sub and everything are perfect.

Maybe we should ask The Nerdist / AdjacentGames if they'd do a Subnautica version of Skyrim Cops :smiley:

#SubnauticaCops !
  • That_Gaming_Guy1That_Gaming_Guy1 A Strange Water Planet Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216198Members
    edited June 2016
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    Scyphoza wrote: »

Maybe we should ask The Nerdist / AdjacentGames if they'd do a Subnautica version of Skyrim Cops :smiley:

#SubnauticaCops !

YES! Maybe if someone makes a theme for it and gives it to me i could make it.
  • TriggerHappyBroTriggerHappyBro Ohio Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217383Members, NS2 Playtester
  • IntrepidHIntrepidH Florida Join Date: 2015-12-09 Member: 209838Members
    they are such majestic creatures :)
    I built a base around the giant geological formation in their biome hoping to keep them as a view before I realized the way Subnautica renders creatures mean that they will never really come back once no longer rendered off screen-player range, but I love how in general they try to patrol their biome
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    IntrepidH wrote: »
    they are such majestic creatures :)
    I built a base around the giant geological formation in their biome hoping to keep them as a view before I realized the way Subnautica renders creatures mean that they will never really come back once no longer rendered off screen-player range, but I love how in general they try to patrol their biome

That makes me sad. I wish we could witness the fauna from our bases. I want them to march on around my base and then another group march past, and on and on.
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Germany Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217829Members
    I do not like the looks of them, but I love the idea behind it. It is a shame really that the render distance is so low and that generally lifeforms seem to diminish around your base. It would really be majestic to watch them tread by, like a herd of elephants. Shame too, that the biome is rather dark as well.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I do not like the looks of them, but I love the idea behind it. It is a shame really that the render distance is so low and that generally lifeforms seem to diminish around your base. It would really be majestic to watch them tread by, like a herd of elephants. Shame too, that the biome is rather dark as well.

I was actually rather disappointed for the opposite reason... I'd imagined the biome as much darker so that all you'd see would be the shapes of these things.... silhouettes in the dark....
  • BadfrogBadfrog Coast of Maine Join Date: 2016-06-29 Member: 219291Members
    what happens if you build a seabase in their walking path?
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Badfrog wrote: »

Right now creatures damaging the bases are not something that is into the game. If you were to build a base right in their pathing what would probably happen is that they would go around it and/or get stuck in it most likely

Thats an idea that pique'd my curiosity there, i might try creating one in there just for the heck of it :smiley:
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    Badfrog wrote: »

Right now creatures damaging the bases are not something that is into the game. If you were to build a base right in their pathing what would probably happen is that they would go around it and/or get stuck in it most likely

Thats an idea that pique'd my curiosity there, i might try creating one in there just for the heck of it :smiley:
    Please let me know what happens if you do this.