[ SUGGESTION ] Cyclops Toggleable Camera Spotlights

OldHomelessGuyOldHomelessGuy Washington Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219007Members
Hello Everyone.

I'm not sure about most but when i'm taking a spin out on the open water with my Cyclops i like to drive with using the camera's and when night fall hits and i feel like going even deeper "Look in all my Cam's to make sure im clear" then { SMASH } ..... you hit something but because its got darker and all you can see is darkness in your cam. So my suggestion is adding a spotlight that move when you move the camera.

I used my Seamoth lights to give a demonstration, i angled it with the camera's

No Spotlight
rdTuVcN.jpg

Toggle by
left_click.png

Spotlight
apNgqxg.jpg

No Spotlight
CSMG6oe.jpg

Toggle by
left_click.png

Spotlight
DoCX89U.jpg

No Spotlight
dW7czez.jpg

Toggle by
left_click.png

Spotlight
lAeT0DP.jpg

Anyways its just an suggestion i think myself and others would find very useful.

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I would certainly appreciate this. If not by default then by module. I'd definitely save a spot.
  • OldHomelessGuyOldHomelessGuy Washington Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219007Members
    edited June 2016
    Personally i feel this should be a default, already built in because there are already established lights inside and on front of the Cyclops. I understand how it could be module as well due to the lack of module for the Cyclops atm.

Glad a few of you like the idea =)
  • DarnizhaanDarnizhaan Earth Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219020Members
    o yes please, i have hit to much crap trying to look down for resources at night only to hit that shroom tree that you cannot see at night.
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    Personally i feel this should be a default, already built in because there are already established lights inside and on front of the Cyclops. I understand how it could be module as well due to the lack of module for the Cyclops atm.

Glad a few of you like the idea =)
    Yes Please on this suggestion. Not even just for navigating, it would just be nice to scope out the situation around the sub.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Its as simple as its brilliant, to the point that one might wonder why its not like that since we got the cyclops cameras :smile:
  • OldHomelessGuyOldHomelessGuy Washington Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219007Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    Its as simple as its brilliant, to the point that one might wonder why its not like that since we got the cyclops cameras :smile:

Right! lol
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    +1 OP
    I F8 this every time I take the Cyclops in deep dark places. Not sure why the cameras wouldn't have this from the get go. A submariner can only dream of a shine new spot for the camera.
  • AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    I rather like this idea.
    I rather like this idea.

Thanks, We can only hope it gets noticed by the Devs and implemented.

{"I wonder if they watch the forums :o "}
    [ BUMP ] - Been keeping track of there progress on there Dev tracker - No information yet :'( . I'v look around and don't think iv seen any dev's a acknowledge any suggestion or Idea's on this subfourm but i guess i could understand why they would not. Anyways lets hope for it soon im getting bored of using my cyclops in the dark or going deep under the sea in those dark area's, cyclops can go Deep but at a price of not bring able to see.