Onos or other NS creature

KingColeKingCole Montana Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217001Members
edited June 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Onos_taunt.gif
I think it would be cool to maybe add a single hard to find Onos on one of the bigger islands. It would be a cool little easter egg, or just straight up make it an Easter egg and make it a scripted pre rendered background that only triggers when you go to such and such coordinates, lurking in the distance, only visible for a second before disappearing again. Kind of like the Bigfoot of Subnautica if you will . I think many people would go ballistic (in a good way) if they saw an NS creature. Or if its an in game creature, i read something about the Khara bacteria assimilating other life forms. Does anyone know the original species' that got assimilated into the Khara, if they do have an origin? If they don't, maybe one of said species originates from Subnautica's planet?

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    They've added a NS2 poster, which made me smile when i saw it.
    Some kind of creature that can be seen in the NS world in this game would be cool to witness i agree :smiley:
  • KingColeKingCole Montana Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217001Members
    :O wheres the poster? i wanna see
  • KingColeKingCole Montana Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217001Members
    Ive actually seen a few things threads where people speculate if ns and Subnautica ate in the same universe
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I heard you can find a Zen of Sudoku game on the Aurora :trollface:
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    edited June 2016
    SN and NS are in a shared univers. Both games hold a strong link to the company alterra. You can find the word 'alterra' on the fire extinguisher and other places. In NS 2 you work for alterra do you not? To continue, a little coincidence SN is NS backwards (I mean the abbreviations SN and NS not the actual names). I do think that it is possible for some sort of NS creature to be on the planet in SN. Even if it is minor, I think that people would really enjoy it if you could track down something from NS 2. Further more, about the poster, what if it's a recruitment poster for alterras military force, asking people to come join them on the front lines.