Mermaids

NetoJONNetoJON Brazil Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218869Members
I believe we need an intelligent species in this game to discover... like an alien underwater city with mermaid like creatures that are actually intelligent... that would be awesome...

So what I had in mind was that to get that low you would need more upgrades and have some limited interactions with them... they cannot survive above, nor you can so bellow, so you cant see them unless you get those upgrades...

Maybe some rare itens to reward you for finding them... and they should be suspicious, but more or less friendly...

well, thats my idea... what you guys think?

(I just love mermaids and there ISNT almost any game with them)

Comments

• AntoninAntonin Montréal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216529Members
    For the intelligent species, you alredy have the warper. They are probaly the ones that made the aurora crash and kill the survivors. But I agree with you that interact with intelligent species would be awesome.
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    As for intelligent creatures.. I'm not exactly sure how they are handling the warpers but they seem to be quite intelligent indeed! And they already have a fish/human appearance..

I do agree with you that getting "rewards" for exploration tho would be nice.. We need more situations like fixing the aurora and finding the Cyclops part in the game.. It really would get people exploring those wrecks and all the deep, dark and hostile places!

But as for a mystical deep city of mermaids? I personally think that maybe a little off.. But who really knows how the devs are going to handle the precursors.
  • AntoninAntonin Montréal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216529Members
    edited June 2016
    As for intelligent creatures.. I'm not exactly sure how they are handling the warpers but they seem to be quite intelligent indeed! And they already have a fish/human appearance..

I do agree with you that getting "rewards" for exploration tho would be nice.. We need more situations like fixing the aurora and finding the Cyclops part in the game.. It really would get people exploring those wrecks and all the deep, dark and hostile places!

But as for a mystical deep city of mermaids? I personally think that maybe a little off.. But who really knows how the devs are going to handle the precursors.

Not a mytical deep city but just intelligent creatures that you can interact with, like buy some rare materials would be nice in this game.
  • NetoJONNetoJON Brazil Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218869Members

I was not thinking of it as mystical... but more organic... you know... not really mermaid... just humanoid creatures that resembles mermaids
    Antonin wrote: »
    For the intelligent species, you alredy have the warper. They are probaly the ones that made the aurora crash and kill the survivors. But I agree with you that interact with intelligent species would be awesome.

well... they could be... but idk... I just dont feel like they could be equivalent to humans as a "mermaid" race would be in this world...

and a mermaid like creature in a hidden underwater city would be much more interesting imo
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    Hence why I concluded my post with the precursors. They very well could be what your asking for.. According to trello they where intelligent enough to make gun emplacements, have keys and power cables.. Which show intelligence.. Plus its all under water so either they had submersibles like us or they where infact aquatic beings.. Or able to hold thier breath for a very long time which points to more of a mammal..
    edited June 2016
    Hence why I concluded my post with the precursors. They very well could be what your asking for.. According to trello they where intelligent enough to make gun emplacements, have keys and power cables.. Which show intelligence.. Plus its all under water so either they had submersibles like us or they where infact aquatic beings.. Or able to hold thier breath for a very long time which points to more of a mammal..

hmm... so what you are saying is that the precursors could be this "mermaid" race? Well I just hope the devs can see this post and consider it hahaha...

edit: on a second thought... idk if it would be that nice for them to be the "mermaid" race... everything about them makes you think they are extinct... unless they have gone to somewhere hidden that we could find later =P
    edited June 2016
    Its a rather BIG ocean out there :)

*EDIT* If they where extinct how was the aurora and other ship both fired apon and ultimately "downed"?

That to me points at either the bases defences are automated or they are still very Much alive and flipping!!

Lol see what i did There? Flipping...flippers... Boooooo!
    Its a rather BIG ocean out there :)

*EDIT* If they where extinct how was the aurora and other ship both fired apon and ultimately "downed"?

That to me points at either the bases defences are automated or they are still very Much alive and flipping!!

Lol see what i did There? Flipping...flippers... Boooooo!

lets hope they ARE out there =D hahaha (with their tails XD)
  • blurbrerrrblurbrerrr Join Date: 2015-10-03 Member: 208281Members
    what if the precursors are extinct and its just that the weapon was still up and running and the precursors left behind abandoned cities, kinda like the case of the dwemers in the elderscrolls series
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    No. the devs have creatures and story planned for the game.