Please stop freezing

mrsnutnut77mrsnutnut77 Uk Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217460Members
I'm having my game freeze out every half hour restarted loads of games and not a vehicle of any kind in this one just about 4 solar panels n 2 rooms n corridors not even built a locker yet and it's freezing so often my patience is starting to run out I'm at a loss what is going to stop this occurring as the more I try to prevent it the nord it seams to happen

Comments

• Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    If you restart a game, maybe. or if you re install the game.
  • mrsnutnut77mrsnutnut77 Uk Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217460Members
    Reinstall will try that won't hold my breath
  • Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    Yeah this will not erase your data I BELIEVE :)
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    edited June 2016
    Hmm, haven't heard of this one.

The only freezing I've seen is when the in-game "pause" menu is open for awhile. We'll take a look.
  • bghst03bghst03 USA Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218204Members
    Flayra wrote: »

The only freezing I've seen is when the in-game "pause" menu is open for awhile. We'll take a look.

My game freezes at least once a day and crashes at least twice a day
  • LhastLhast NY Join Date: 2016-06-03 Member: 218004Members

I know what you mean by this, because for some reason I love falling asleep while my games are paused...so I've had that freeze happen, but also another where I've been trying to build this one piece of a base, an l corridor I believe it was, and no matter what as soon as I'd get to about 95% the game would do a...harsher freeze, I wanna call it, because it's the kind where whatever sound was playing at the time gets repeated a lot really quickly, then the whole game app just closes out.

Also, thanks for taking the time to respond to so much, it really matters to a lot of people how involved the devs are with not only their game but their audience as well.
    Thank you for response it's like lhast said it freezes n game closes does this very frequently I have again deleted my saved games to try n resolve the issue though there wasn't much within the saved content anyway.

Responded above
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members

I think I've noticed this is due to controller timeout not the long pause. I have a busy house and cant concentrate some days so i'm on and off a lot. It seems it is not the pause that gets you although i have seen the game freeze once or twice due to this but more an issue it is not programmed to loose the controller on an inactive timeout. If you pause and walk away for some time the controller on xbox will shut itself off as well but when you come back it is no longer able to talk to the game. I can go to the xbox dashboard normally but the game will not respond to control after you return and has to be restarted.