New idea

salsaman2salsaman2 Houston Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218521Members
Later when I was sitting on the toilet thinking about subnautica i thought of a stasis the torpedoe but that was a horrible idea but why not a stasis cannon for the seamoth and exosuit

Comments

• Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
    Oh, man. No one gives a damn about you sitting on your toilet. No one will also give a damn about your "brilliant" ideas if you present them that way. Make an effort, show some respect for those who may read your posts. Also, punctuation is your friend.

And if your goal was to troll... then consider me trolled, and just go find yourself another game's forum to abuse.

Do we even have mods on this forum?
  • salsaman2salsaman2 Houston Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218521Members
    :☹️ It's a suggestion bro so don't give to much of a crap
    Btw this is the internet not grammar class so I don't care
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Besides, there are entire sites devoted to bathroom habits, yaaay internet....

I think there's an exosuit attachment that's a stasis rifle thing?
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    yomama wrote: »
    Besides, there are entire sites devoted to bathroom habits, yaaay internet....

I think there's an exosuit attachment that's a stasis rifle thing?

I'm pretty sure there are also entire sites devoted to grammar.

I can't wait to get that exosuit. Also, why aren't you trucking? Put the peddle to the metal mama!

I truck literally every day, running goofy hours so people have things on the shelves at the grocery store! Actually I'm going to be off for three weeks starting Thursday, during which I'm going on a 1600 mile road trip with my brother. Yaay. More driving.
  • DagonDagon Earth Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214648Members
    Here's a tip, you can post your ideas to the ideas and suggestions section on the site.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    I am a man. I can confirm that some of our best ideas are thought of whilst sitting on the crapper. Knowing the idea was formed whilst sitting on the crapper, matters to me. Thank you good sir.
    I truck literally every day, running goofy hours so people have things on the shelves at the grocery store! Actually I'm going to be off for three weeks starting Thursday, during which I'm going on a 1600 mile road trip with my brother. Yaay. More driving.

I can relate. I was out there 13 years running up and down the roads. I miss it. Um... Possibly your vacation should be less like your day job?
    I am a man. I can confirm that some of our best ideas are thought of whilst sitting on the crapper. Knowing the idea was formed whilst sitting on the crapper, matters to me. Thank you good sir.
    As a woman, I also have strokes of genius while on the crapper. I totally thought it was a universal thing. I don't get the controversy :p
  • BenfullerBenfuller USA Join Date: 2016-06-22 Member: 218944Members
    i think that you people should make this game multiplier
    Benfuller wrote: »
    There is an sticky thread that explains the multiplayer thing in detail just a few threads up from this one.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited June 2016
    joni65 wrote: »
    Benfuller wrote: »
    There is an sticky thread that explains the multiplayer thing in detail just a few threads up from this one.

Yeah, and when it does come it'll probably be it's own separate game. Subnautica Multiplayer Edition or something. After the biiig 1.0 Release, they'll probably have the time to look into it.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    The slightly unformal form the idea was presented aside, it is a cool idea. I'd like to have the ability to stun a predator from the seamoth without having to worry about more then energy. Yes I know Vortex torpedos do almost the same job but still I have to worry about ammo all the time can't restock while away from base (which I could with a energy based stasis device used as a Seamoth upgrade.

As the "exosuit" already has a propulsion arm option, why not give it a stasis arm too? I'd love to have more tools in my vehicles even if I can't mount them all at once.
    edited June 2016
    I kind of have mixed feelings on this...you have all the options on everything and maybe you degrade the challenge. However from a technology and survival aspect, of course you would make full use of everything. If it didn't come installed you'd be out there with pliers and Gorilla tape Hillbilly Engineering the living crap out if it!
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I kind of have mixed feelings on this...you have all the options on everything and maybe you degrade the challenge. However from a technology and survival aspect, of course you would make full use of everything. If it didn't come installed you'd be out there with pliers and Gorilla tape Hillbilly Engineering the living crap out if it!

If I were on this planet IRL, you can bet your ass I'd be finding a way to mount the scanner tool to the seamoth, so I didn't have to get out of the boat to scan things.

Also, PDA use while in the seamoth needs to happen. I will never stop complaining about this until it changes. MAKES NO SENSE!
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    Alright guys, lets not pretend like we are all sophisticated on this forum.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Alright guys, lets not pretend like we are all sophisticated on this forum.

I think this is sarcasm?
    Hey, I'm sophisticated. I got me some doohickey from Wal-Mart that says so.
    Agree on the scanner. I only get bit when I'm out of the boat..
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    Agree on the scanner. I only get bit when I'm out of the boat..

Hence why they probably wont give the seamoth scanner Tech.. Doing so would take away TONS of the challenge and make us feel to "safe"
    Sidchicken wrote: »

If I were on this planet IRL, you can bet your ass I'd be finding a way to mount the scanner tool to the seamoth, so I didn't have to get out of the boat to scan things.

Also, PDA use while in the seamoth needs to happen. I will never stop complaining about this until it changes. MAKES NO SENSE!

10/4 on the use of PDA in the seamoth... I can eat and drink under water, but not in my boat? Whawt?!

• sneakeyboardsneakeyboard lost koosh forest Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214319Members
    10/4 on the use of PDA in the seamoth... I can eat and drink under water, but not in my boat? Whawt?!

True... however, how did this "idea" turn into a completely different suggestion?

I'm not the most literate person, but OP should:
    Invest more time on preparing a suggestion with its benefits, OR address the fact that english may not be his/her first language. Nothing against the idea of a statis on the seamoth; could be a tier 2 defense field (you know, the one that's not used much at all).

True... however, how did this "idea" turn into a completely different suggestion?

Invest more time on preparing a suggestion with its benefits, OR address the fact that english may not be his/her first language. Nothing against the idea of a statis on the seamoth; could be a tier 2 defense field (you know, the one that's not used much at all).
    I'm not sure what you mean here

• DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    edited June 2016

Invest more time on preparing a suggestion with its benefits, OR address the fact that english may not be his/her first language. Nothing against the idea of a Stasis on the seamoth; could be a tier 2 defense field (you know, the one that's not used much at all).

I think he means instead of saying

'I was on the crapper and I thought, why not have a stasis rifle for the Seamoth and Exosuit?"

Say

"I was on the crapper and I thought, why not have a built in stasis rifle for the Seamoth and Exosuit? It could be very useful for disabling creatures while you pilot the Seamoth, like Biters. Maybe instead of firing an orb that freezes creatures, it could instead be a radial explosion FROM the vehicle, freezing all creatures near the vehicle and allowing the Player a small safe zone around the vehicle, be it to pick up or scan an item. Like the electrical Defence, charging it would increase the radius of the stasis bubble.

I originally thought of a Stasis torpedo for the Seamoth but seeing how we have Vortex and Gas torpedoes and the default stasis rifle's projectile is similar to the torpedo launched by the Seamoth, as both are projectiles, I concluded that it was a bad idea. Maybe the vehicle's stasis rifle could be a bit stronger, either lasting longer or contains a larger radius. Maybe even both!

What do you guys think? Feel free to leave constructive criticisms !"

I guess he needed to elaborate more, because his original post is a sentence with no grammar and incorrect spelling about how he took a dump and thought of an idea, although I agree that Victor was over reacting and acting extremely hostile and I disagree with salsaman's view on grammar on the Internet.
    edited June 2016

Invest more time on preparing a suggestion with its benefits, OR address the fact that english may not be his/her first language. Nothing against the idea of a Stasis on the seamoth; could be a tier 2 defense field (you know, the one that's not used much at all).

I think he means instead of saying

'I was on the crapper and I thought, why not have a stasis rifle for the Seamoth and Exosuit?"

Say

"I was on the crapper and I thought, why not have a built in stasis rifle for the Seamoth and Exosuit? It could be very useful for disabling creatures while you pilot the Seamoth, like Biters. Maybe instead of firing an orb that freezes creatures, it could instead be a radial explosion FROM the vehicle, freezing all creatures near the vehicle and allowing the Player a small safe zone around the vehicle, be it to pick up or scan an item. Like the electrical Defence, charging it would increase the radius of the stasis bubble.

I originally thought of a Stasis torpedo for the Seamoth but seeing how we have Vortex and Gas torpedoes and the default stasis rifle's projectile is similar to the torpedo launched by the Seamoth, as both are projectiles, I concluded that it was a bad idea. Maybe the vehicle's stasis rifle could be a bit stronger, either lasting longer or contains a larger radius. Maybe even both!

What do you guys think? Feel free to leave constructive criticisms !"

I guess he needed to elaborate more, because his original post is a sentence with no grammar and incorrect spelling about how he took a dump and thought of an idea, although I agree that Victor was over reacting and acting extremely hostile and I disagree with salsaman's view on grammar on the Internet.
    OK, I can except that. My main point of confusion, though, is why he quoted my line about using the PDA in the seamoth. It seemed unrelated to what he was saying
    The crapper is my office it is where i think about stuff