Can we just spawn correctly? - My rant.

2»

Comments

• NexZone30NexZone30 Join Date: 2013-06-27 Member: 185719Members
    edited June 2016
    I'm just going to make a general post as a moderator of the LF server. Currently, we have parts of the mod that are reverting the game to around 297. Is this reverting all the little bug fixes, etc. not to my knowledge but I'll inform Blight about any bugs (We've only been reverting big changes, nothing to do with maps, etc.). The problem is with things like the HMG and abilities like focus and vaparism is we had them far before they were in the main game. People didn't like them so we removed them (Except for the HMG that stayed because it was liked. And while it was in our mod it was dropped by the commander and that still hasn't been changed). Some other changes however that we have more or so kept are things like Onocide and Napalm Gernades.

The reason why we don't have NS2+ is because we've had several issues with author of NS2+. From my understanding, the mod was edited so it would work with Enforced and some server issues with the mod could be solved; the author of NS2+ didn't like that. Then there was a bunch of drama surrounding that, mods being taken off the workshop, etc. Hence, why we don't have NS2+.

As a final statement, currently the admins on LF are just somewhat waiting for the experimental changes to be balanced out. We'll update the mod and slowly upgrade when the game, in our eyes, becomes slightly more stable in that sense.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    The LF server can't handle the load of ns+ taking data every x seconds
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sgt_Sass wrote: »
    HEllrunner we may not even disagree with your sentiment, it's your gross hyperbole that we disagree with. Like, I want to agree with what you're saying but you just blow everything exponentially out of proportion so I can't.

Edit: And did you really just compare yourself to Einstein and Karl Marx? That's a very ... special ... perspective ...

how do you get that notion that I compare myself to Einstein or Marx?! I thought I just made a point with an analogy. I guess you have to be one to follow this egomaniac train of thought ^^ that's special, my friend :D comedy gold.. ah screw it.. you guys think you don't like me cuz you don't get me half of the time and talk shit about me, i guess.... aaahh Perlen für die Säue .. HF
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I imagine you're fun to drink with on occasion @HEllrunner2k
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Sgt_Sass wrote: »
    HEllrunner we may not even disagree with your sentiment, it's your gross hyperbole that we disagree with. Like, I want to agree with what you're saying but you just blow everything exponentially out of proportion so I can't.

Edit: And did you really just compare yourself to Einstein and Karl Marx? That's a very ... special ... perspective ...

how do you get that notion that I compare myself to Einstein or Marx?! I thought I just made a point with an analogy. I guess you have to be one to follow this egomaniac train of thought ^^ that's special, my friend :D comedy gold.. ah screw it.. you guys think you don't like me cuz you don't get me half of the time and talk **** about me, i guess.... aaahh Perlen für die Säue .. HF

You're digging yourself deeper and the sooner you stop talking, the better for all of us.
  • RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
    edited June 2016
    you want your game to be taken and played seriously?! ... unwhitelist everything thats not 7v7 or 6v6

Legit point.

The problem is the way the leveling system works, it needs a whitelisted server.

Things would be simpler if there were 2 types of whitelist, one for XP and one for rankings.
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2016

You're digging yourself deeper and the sooner you stop talking, the better for all of us.

no, son .. the sooner you start LISTENING, the better for all of us.

It's not the stuff I say or how I say it. It's how you don't understand it or even get triggered by common sense! and that sounds like a "you"-problem

#PCisCancerAndHinderesProgress
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

It's not the stuff I say or how I say it. It's how you don't understand it or even get triggered by common sense! and that sounds like a "you"-problem

wat
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    edited June 2016
    Well, it's not what is written that matters, it's how people will understand it.
    Which is usually an advice for the author ( @HEllrunner2k , the perls dispender) , not for the audience (<span style="color:lightblue">die saüe</span>)

Hope this helps.

Signed: A perl swallowing swine
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited June 2016
    #ConsolesareCancerAndHinderProgress

^^ Fixed that for you...
  • Sgt_SassSgt_Sass Join Date: 2016-02-13 Member: 213004Members
    how do you get that notion that I compare myself to Einstein or Marx?! I thought I just made a point with an analogy.

a·nal·o·gy
    əˈnaləjē/Submit
    noun
    a comparison between two things,
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    When battling wild HEllrunners;
    xtfv29xl0354.png

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

Leave hellrunner alone, he is NS2 mascot! All we need to do is throw dictionaries at him for the rest of our lives!
    [dik-shuh-ner-ee]

noun, plural dictionaries.
    a book, optical disc, mobile device, or online lexical resource containing a selection of the words of a language, giving information about their meanings, pronunciations, etymologies, inflected forms, derived forms, etc., expressed in either the same or another language;

Can we throw otpical discs at him ?
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    edited June 2016
    LEAVE @HEllrunner2k ALONE!
    I'd be fucked without Hellarious Basterds. That's the only enjoyable server for me :)

He may have... khm... issues with communication, but his heart is made of gold and maintains a fine server <3
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited June 2016
    Hellrunner is the hero NS2 deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
    Sometimes I wish we could have a drink at the same time and cheers.
    Can @wooza set this up ? The saturday drink night ? Everytime a round is over, players on the winning side start a new pint.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Who drinks that piss? Whiskey is the real deal! :P
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Again??? What's going on with that guy?

Maybe he hates you?

I agree with him.

You asked why we cant spawn correctly (op) - because the game has been badly coded by amateurs since inception.

Look at Another World or Flashback for games that have been correctly coded. Or Cannon Fodder. Or Eye of the Beholder. Or Turrican. Or any game these fools played yet never mastered.
    edited June 2016
    thx guys :D<3 I do my very best... and please throw your mobile devices ^^