Accidental Battery/Power Cell Usage

FrogmanFreemanFrogmanFreeman US Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217626Members
I find myself using batteries and power cells accidentally many times. Either by having a tool that uses power equipped and pressing "A" or trying to enter the Seamoth from the back and accidentally replacing a power cell instead. There needs to be a time delay for replacing batteries and power cells to prevent accidentally using them without intent.

Comments

• EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    This will be resolved with the Power Nap update which will hopefully drop not too long after June 11th.
  • bghst03bghst03 USA Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218204Members
    I've wasted so many batteries this way
  • mrsnutnut77mrsnutnut77 Uk Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217460Members
    I have the same with the flash light changing batteries unecessarily. I keep running out of batteries !
    I'm not bothering with batteries if I can help it until after the Power Nap update drops and am using the Charge Fins to keep my hand held devices topped up.
  • mrsnutnut77mrsnutnut77 Uk Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217460Members
    Good idea everreddy I'm gonna do that !
  • FrogmanFreemanFrogmanFreeman US Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217626Members
    EverReddy wrote: »
    I'm not bothering with batteries if I can help it until after the Power Nap update drops and am using the Charge Fins to keep my hand held devices topped up.
    Charging stations! No more having to make new power cells. THe only drawback I can see about the charge fins is that you use more food/water when you are moving around alot in order to charge tools.
    edited June 2016
    THe only drawback I can see about the charge fins is that you use more food/water when you are moving around alot in order to charge tools.

Interesting, I've not heard about that before. Is that confirmed?

• scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    edited June 2016
    I have not seen or heard this on the PC version, thats for sure. It appears to be a straight timer based effect, with a ratio of 3:2 of water/food consumption. You can pause it by sitting on a Bench, but otherwise its been a flat rate of consumption for me.
  • FrogmanFreemanFrogmanFreeman US Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217626Members
    I'm relatively new to this game. I'm used to other survival games where tho more you do the more food and water you use up. Even though Subnautica doesn't use that system using a vehicle lets you get more done within your metabolic rate than using fins because you can travel further and faster which gives you more time to gather and build.
  • bluegreenashbluegreenash UK Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218594Members
    It's stupid that the charge fins charge the seaglide, divers who use such devices hardly kick at all during use....
  • njohnson1448njohnson1448 Alabama Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218556Members
    It's stupid that the charge fins charge the seaglide, divers who use such devices hardly kick at all during use....

Psshhh. Details.. lol
  • BCDravenBCDraven SC Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218819Members

How do you charge the seaglide in the xb1 version? When I use the charge fins with it the battery still drops % just slower and I can't seem to top it off to 100% like I can the flashlight.
    BCDraven wrote: »

How do you charge the seaglide in the xb1 version? When I use the charge fins with it the battery still drops % just slower and I can't seem to top it off to 100% like I can the flashlight.

Ah yeah, for that you will need to fabricate a new battery until the update drops as it's the one device you can't help but use while you're moving.
  • BCDravenBCDraven SC Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218819Members
    Ah yeah, for that you will need to fabricate a new battery until the update drops as it's the one device you can't help but use while you're moving.
    Ah ok, that makes sense now. :p Wasn't sure if there was something I was missing, thanks!