Fall through floor

BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
Started a new game with the latest non-experimental update. I hit the escape button to pause the game while the introduction video was playing. It didn't work until I was standing up with the fire in the escape pod. That isn't the issue, though. I then went about the business I needed to be about when I paused the game. When I came back, I resumed the game and immediately fell through the bottom of the escape pod. I wasn't swimming, I landed on the sea bed and couldn't do much but walk around.

I restarted the game. Everything worked normally. I didn't attempt to pause right away in the burning escape pod.

This is the only time I fell through the world (aside from one experimental release in which nobody could swim).

I didn't attempt to repeat it, sadly.

It isn't a huge deal, if it is repeatable. One has to apparently pause the game at just the right time.

Comments

• AntoninAntonin Montréal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216529Members
    Some times, the same thing happen when you are building inside your base. This is how I foud the lava castle at 1500 meters deep.
  • BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
    Version: Early Development Build 33409 May-2016
  • RackminsterRackminster US Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218208Members
    I fell through the world when I quickly switched to the Mobile Vehicle Fab tool and deployed it upon exiting my base and I tried to ride it to the surface without using it. It stopped moving after a few seconds. The builder bots slowly drifted down through the sea floor. The tool became unusable. When I surfaced to exactly where it should have been, I could "Climb Up" onto empty space where it should have been - and upon doing that I fell down 1500m below sea level. Instead of drowning and losing a lot of advanced crafting materials, I killed the process.
  • DonnyDonny Germany Join Date: 2016-06-08 Member: 218268Members
    I personally did not fell though the world, but when I leave my base through a vertically hatch and there is an exteriour growbed in front of the hatch, I start walking under the ground, but not falling downwards. My only way out is to go back through the still reachable hatch to go inside. But when I go outside clicking on the very top of the hatch I swim above the growbed as expected. Weird.
  • x1Alpha2014x1Alpha2014 Germany Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204528Members
    I fell through my Base and had no Material to build a base at the Bottom, then I saved my game and restarted, after that, I fell through the World, sadly I had to delete my safegame. So never safe ur game after u fell out of ur base and if u have enough materials, build a Backup Base on the seafloor. If u then fall through ur Base, u can go to ur Backup Base and enter it.
  • SanguineDemonSanguineDemon utah Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217053Members
    I have fallen through the floating Island, and then was stuck in the ground at the bottom. there was no way out. Also three different times now on three different builds, have fallen out of my base, when building the Moonpool. landing at the bottom without being able to swim up.