Creature Concept: Blue Dragon

DagonDagon Earth Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214648Members
Another creature concept that I though I'd post today.
tumblr_o5y80bKCcq1tajts4o3_400.jpg
This creature is called the blue dragon. It is a fast swimming, but non-hostile predator that dwells within close proximity to the surface. They are friendly, but will attempt to steal fish from you if you have one in your hand.

Comments

• DagonDagon Earth Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214648Members
    A redesign of the creature:
    tumblr_o89p0bbB731tajts4o4_540.jpg
  • TheJewelOfJoolTheJewelOfJool Southwestern Ontario Join Date: 2016-01-11 Member: 211261Members
    So, is it supposed to be similar to the weedy sea dragon?
    So, is it supposed to be similar to the weedy sea dragon?

I was thinking more blue dragon sea slug, but changes can always be made to the design.
  • XRayduQXRayduQ Swiss Join Date: 2016-06-15 Member: 218611Members
  • A_FREAKING_DUCKA_FREAKING_DUCK Join Date: 2016-04-03 Member: 215296Members
    edited June 2016
    Was curious how big it was, is it more the size of a crash, stalker or leviathan? I'm guessing about stalker sized, but the whole dragon thing makes it seem bigger yet the friendly behavior makes me think of it smaller. Also, love the design. I'm a terrible artist so I'm never able to give people reference on what my creature looks like.
  • omegatauromegataur Spain Join Date: 2016-01-28 Member: 212240Members
    i'd love to see more big peaceful creatures... herbivores or something like...
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    Doesn't even need to be a herbivore. Many Whales including the biggest of them all the Bluewhale eat up to 3.6 tons of Krill per day. So they are carnivore. Would be cool to see Reefbacks swim more activly maybe hunting "Krill-schools" like the fish-schools we already see ingame.
    XRayduQ wrote: »
    Really cute !

Thank you! I'm glad you like it!
    Was curious how big it was, is it more the size of a crash, stalker or leviathan? I'm guessing about stalker sized, but the whole dragon thing makes it seem bigger yet the friendly behavior makes me think of it smaller. Also, love the design. I'm a terrible artist so I'm never able to give people reference on what my creature looks like.

Aw thanks! I'd love to see your art sometime!

The Blue Dragon is slightly smaller than the Stalker.
    Doesn't even need to be a herbivore. Many Whales including the biggest of them all the Bluewhale eat up to 3.6 tons of Krill per day. So they are carnivore. Would be cool to see Reefbacks swim more activly maybe hunting "Krill-schools" like the fish-schools we already see ingame.

The krill schools could be like regular schools but composed of rockgrubs.
    omegataur wrote: »
    i'd love to see more big peaceful creatures... herbivores or something like...

Me too. I hope that they add more big peaceful creatures!