Mac Bug - Seabase Interiors go Black

weaselsweaselsweaselsweasels South Africa/USA Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217933Members
Hi,
I'm playing on a Mac, latest build (it just updated it). A recurring problem - the interiors of my base go black at random. It looks like the inside textures disable. Objects (lockers, fabricator, etc) are still visible as if nothing happens. On the outside, the rooms, corridors acquire a certain purple tinge. This happens non stop, with the only 'fix' being to save and reload the game while outside of the base. If I save inside while everything is black, the reload will take me back to the black base.

Heeeelp

Comments

• stormahawkstormahawk Raleigh Join Date: 2016-06-04 Member: 218060Members
    I have this exact problem too on a Mac, just like in the link Dchicote shared. The base will take on a purple hue on the outside and the interior will be entirely black. Above ground such as the floater island, that purpleness is especially bright.
  • TijnnultienTijnnultien netherlands Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207447Members
    i also play on mac, try when in your base destroy a locker or something to 99 procreant and then fix it the lights will go normal but you need to do this every time
  • DchicoteDchicote Germany Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204901Members
    edited June 2016
    i also play on mac, try when in your base destroy a locker or something to 99 procreant and then fix it the lights will go normal but you need to do this every time

I tried, but it will not work anymore !!!!! I hope this will be fixed very soon ...

• VortaxVortax Spain Join Date: 2016-06-26 Member: 219155Members
    edited June 2016
    Same problem here. Seems lighting is completely broken on OS X. My character body or items looks totally black when not in direct sunlight. Well, that's anoying, but not big deal... but the interior base bug is really a killing game thing...

some screens:

7bXjChR.png

MtCIYWV.jpg

Fxt0UWq.jpg

If I restart the game, the problem disappears, but after a while, it's back.

Is there any chances of solving this issue?

BTW, this is not a hardware issue:
    iMac 27 inch late 2013
    OS X El capitan 10.11.5
    Intel I7 3.5 Gh
    8 Gb RAM
    Nvidia Gforce GTX775M

Also, Nvidia drivers updated, currently Nvidia Web Drivers 346.03.10f02
  • green3y3green3y3 germany Join Date: 2016-06-29 Member: 219300Members
    Same Problem here! No light in my base!

>>major bug<< for me, can't find no joy in being inside an all-black base. Won't play until fixed.

Base blackens inside, lila on outside.

version: 33409

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    Dchicote wrote: »

I tried, but it will not work anymore !!!!! I hope this will be fixed very soon ...
    be sure that whatever you destroy is part of the base itself. Sometimes items within the base like lockers won't trigger the lights. I have a ladder near my entry point and just hit that when I come in. So far it hasn't failed me. I only play the stable version.