Losing items via locker destruction

PsyclonixPsyclonix Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217880Members
edited June 2016 in Subnautica on Consoles
So I was packing up my base in safe shallows when i realised that the items that were inside my lockers that I removed just vanished.

one of those items was the POWER UPGRADE MODULE which is one of a kind!

The following are my ideas of what should happen:

- Items inside locker are given to you before deconstruction of locker

- You receive a troubleshoot telling you to remove all items before deconstruction

- When the locker is destroyed, items inside fall out on the ground for collection ( By EverReddy)

I really hope this is fixed so that I can hopefully get my power upgrade module back! :)

Comments

• destinykiddestinykid UK Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217875Members
    Psyclonix wrote: »
    I really hope this is fixed so that I can hopefully get my power upgrade module back! :)

Just open the dev console and spawn It back In. I mean, It's not 'cheating' as It wasn't your fault. (DEV CONSOLE - (RB + LB + A)

• PsyclonixPsyclonix Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217880Members
    destinykid wrote: »
    Psyclonix wrote: »

Just open the dev console and spawn It back In. I mean, It's not 'cheating' as It wasn't your fault. (DEV CONSOLE - (RB + LB + A)

Thanks for that!

But the point of this is so that you don't have to do any dev console in the first place!

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Items in a locker wouldn't be automatically given to you in case you have too much stuff with you already. How would you propose to solve that? (Come to think of it, what does currently happen if you deconstruct something with a full inventory? Do you lose the ingredients?)

I think a warning is fair, but I am not sure how that visually or audially should be taken care of.
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    Items in a locker wouldn't be automatically given to you in case you have too much stuff with you already. How would you propose to solve that? (Come to think of it, what does currently happen if you deconstruct something with a full inventory? Do you lose the ingredients?)

I think a warning is fair, but I am not sure how that visually or audially should be taken care of.

Currently if you make or deconstruct something, you cannot collect it until your inventory has enough space

Yes, the first option doesn't seem plausible for the large container but telling you to remove items first is way more beneficial
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    Or at the very least they could drop in front of you, as if you'd just dropped them from your inventory.
    EverReddy wrote: »
    Or at the very least they could drop in front of you, as if you'd just dropped them from your inventory.

That is also a really good idea

Ill add that to the list!