Losing Items Via Locker Destruction

PsyclonixPsyclonix Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217880Members
So I was packing up my base in safe shallows when i realised that the items that were inside my lockers that I removed just vanished.

one of those items was the POWER UPGRADE MODULE which is one of a kind!

The following are my ideas of what should happen:

- Items inside locker are given to you before deconstruction of locker

- You receive a troubleshoot telling you to remove all items before deconstruction

I really hope this is fixed so that I can hopefully get my power upgrade module back! :)

Comments

• badgerfrothbadgerfroth Darlington UK Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215599Members
    Could it be done that the locker simply won't deconstruct while there are things in it?
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    What Rainstorm wrote. This has been the only way to get rid of trash and I honestly would be sad to lose this possibility, unless there's an actual proper alternative, of course. They could, for example, make the trashcan props into containers that delete the contents after set amount of time.
  • AntoninAntonin Montréal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216529Members
    To destruct the not wanted items, we should have a disintegrator.
  • PsyclonixPsyclonix Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217880Members
    Could it be done that the locker simply won't deconstruct while there are things in it?

- You receive a troubleshoot telling you to remove all items before deconstruction

that is what I mean
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    What Rainstorm wrote. This has been the only way to get rid of trash and I honestly would be sad to lose this possibility, unless there's an actual proper alternative, of course. They could, for example, make the trashcan props into containers that delete the contents after set amount of time.

If this feature was implemented, An incinerator or disintegrator could be added as a more plausible trash bin
  • ErgossErgoss KY Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213722Members
    The lab trash should be able to handle hazardous waste and hence should have a built-in deconstructor. You'd have to do something with the atoms, so it would probably need to become attached to a wall.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    or a recycler so you can get your materials back. Would be a nice touch since it would help with the storage of titanium (make into ingots, then recycle to get all of the titanium back)
  • ErgossErgoss KY Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213722Members
    True, and if it's already in its most basic form (e.g. water or titanium) or doesn't have isolatable components (organics) then it gets atomized.
    Ralij wrote: »
    or a recycler so you can get your materials back. Would be a nice touch since it would help with the storage of titanium (make into ingots, then recycle to get all of the titanium back)

Yeah, a recycler would be good.

You place an item into it and you can retrieve components of that material and the rest gets ejected into the ocean

It could be part of a base!