[Request] Fish Trap

SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
I would like a fish trap I can set out in the day in a well populated area and later go back to to gather fish. Something like a large crab pot like used on the crab boats. Even better if we could have a few different sizes like small trap and large trap for different fish to hunt. Maybe add a tow cable function on vessels to transport the bigger one into place. This is only purposed to be a food/exploration source and not intended to trap large aggressive fish but could perhaps have a random risk involved in gathering from them like they attract predators to that area. Perhaps some traditional fishing gear as well like a pole and net that can be used from your pod or on the floater islands just for fun or potentially a mini game.

Comments

• EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    It's not quite the same, but if you're after a regular supply of fish without all the swimming about, just build two multi-purpose rooms one stacked on top of the other, place a large aquarium in each (they merge together if you do it right) and a hatch so you can get in. Then you just grab the fish you'd like to have in there and drop them in the tank. So long as you have two or more of the same kind of fish in there they'll keep breeding and voilà, a never ending, easily accessible food and water supply! :)
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Thanks for the advice. I now have 25 hours saved on my survival mode I am aware of the tank deployment and have a few setup in my base now but thought this may be a fun diversion in the game.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Give the gravity sphere a try :)
  • sPeaRr0sPeaRr0 Canada Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215153Members
    Flayra wrote: »
    Give the gravity sphere a try :)

This.
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Gravsphere is fun but unstable for now on xbox. Seems most last only seconds for me. Cant wait to see the update :)
  • Donnie41Donnie41 KY Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217077Members
    I like the propulsion cannon, RT to reel them in LT to put them in your inventory. :smile: