How do you build a compass?

Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
I can't do it using the fabricator, so is it not in the xbox version? 'cause the compass will be really useful.

Comments

• EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    edited May 2016
    I don't have one yet either, but I'm sure I've seen Xbox screen shots with it in, so I assume you can get it.

I think you need to have picked up the right materials before it'll appear in the fabricator build menu though. Have you found any magnetite?
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    No, where d'you find that?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Compass

You need Magnetite and a Computer Chip (Silver, 2x Table coral Sample, Quartz)
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    The compass recipe only shows up when you've got magnetite with you. I find the easiest place to get that to be the nearest entrance to the Jelly Shroom Caves. Seamoth + good diving gear should get you plenty of time to grab a piece.
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    In the mountain region to the north of the map. If you look up the compass in the Subnautica Wiki it should have all the info you need (although it's based on the PC version so may have a few bits not in the Xbox version yet). I don't have a link as I'm on my phone, but if you look for the FAQ thread I started it's on there.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    K thanks a lot to all of you!
  • Gaius666thGaius666th Denmark Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217482Members
    As a previous person stated, you need Magnetite for it to show up..
    if you need directions to where the Mountain Island is, you can try and look up Gaius666th (my profile) on xbox, got a video showin with a beacon where the island is from Aurora to help out new people :)