Maybe let things stack to save space

Dj0219Dj0219 Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217102Members
Why doesn't things stack to save room? This would be really helpful as well and maybe a way to combine the subatanks

Comments

• ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    That could work, and to keep it semi-realistic you could place a limit on it. Here are a few I've thought of:
    4x Tank stack
    8x Titanium stack
    5x Computer Chip stack
    etc.
  • ShiruxriuShiruxriu Seattle Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216065Members
    The problem with that is that the game focuses on realism a bit more than most survival games to date, I believe the devs made it the way they do because the Items above, save for the computer chips, are heavy in real life, air tanks are surprisingly heavy for being full of air and titanium on its own is ridiculously heavy. Your character is kind of already not semi-realistic, and it makes it to where what your character is carrying, realistically speaking are all really heavy items. Stacking would be cool but I do believe the game would lose a lot of the feel it already has.

Personally, I much prefer the inability to have items stack, it requires more of a conservative approach to gathering resources from the depths and far away biomes. This is because managing the inventory you have requires you to plan your trips out in order to survive properly.
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited May 2016
    Perhaps "stacking" is too much to ask for, but what about silos? I've suggested this before in Lyeaux's thread, but if there was a silo module for holding titanium and other raw or crafting materials (anything not final tier), it would free up more space in storage lockers for other materials, tools and spoils. Each module would have four silos, each holding 100 (+ upgrades) of a single type of material.

Also, the devs could make it so the fabricator draws from these silos, like a crafting pool. <- Original author: Lyeaux
  • Dj0219Dj0219 Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217102Members
    Phoenix223 wrote: »
    Perhaps "stacking" is too much to ask for, but what about silos? I've suggested this before in Lyeaux's thread, but if there was a silo module for holding titanium and other raw or crafting materials (anything not final tier), it would free up more space in storage lockers for other materials, tools and spoils. Each module would have four silos, each holding 100 (+ upgrades) of a single type of material.

Also, the devs could make it so the fabricator draws from these silos, like a crafting pool. <- Original author: Lyeaux

I really love this idea
  • Sub_NaughtySub_Naughty Away from Reapers Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217316Members
    Phoenix223 wrote: »

This is absolutely amazing! Never would of thought about the fabricator drawing from resource reserves! I'm going to add this to my post of ideas for sure! Check it out and maybe you could input any other ideas you have here http://goo.gl/jqx9a2 obviously you would have the credit!