moon pool upgrade suggestion (with images)

darrenkocaydarrenkocay canada Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215894Members
my suggestion is a modification to the existing in game moon pool to make it so that it is more realistic, because the current
default moon pool in the game right now is not very realistic. If you want to have a moon pool in deeper water because the air
pressure in the base needed to maintain the water level in the moon pool would become higher and higher the deeper down you go
and not very far below the surface the air pressure would need to be so high in your base, that it would not be considered
a comfortable environment in your base and if high enough could kill you, so the modifications i am suggesting would make it
so that only the moon pool habitat itself would need to have equal air pressure to the water pressure outside and only at
certain times, while the rest of your base stays at a constant comfortable air pressure level. Here are the 4 parts that
make this possible. There are two sliding doors located at the bottom hole of the moon pool that when closed meet in the
middle of the moon pool hole forming a watertight and airtight seal that closes off the moon pool from the water outside.
Moon pool entry doors on each entry point to the moon pool from the base there is an airtight door that when closed acts
as a barrier so that air pressure levels inside the moon pool can be different to that of the air pressure of the rest of
the base. There are two air tanks located on the top exterior of the moon pool, they store air for the moon pool. And
lastly there is an air pump/compressor and an air release controller, there is an air compressor attached to one side
of the tanks and an air release controller attached to the other side of the tanks both the compressor and releaser are
connected to vents on the inside of the moon pool thru pipes. here is how the system works when you want to enter the
moon pool from outside with a seamoth or exosuit. All of the doors connecting the moon pool to the rest of the base are
closed and sealed, the doors in the moon pool hole are open to allow the seamoth to enter, air from the airtanks has been
sent to the release controllers and pumped into the moon pool to make the air pressure inside equal to the water pressure
outside. the seamoth enters the moon pool thru the hole in the bottom and is picked up by the suction arms, once the
seamoth is inside the driver stays inside because the air pressure levels in the moon pool are so high it could be harmful
to the driver to exit into the air, the sliding doors slide shut below the seamoth closing the hole in the bottom of the
moon pool, the air compressors connected to the oxygen tanks turn on and start pumping air out of the moon pool and
into the tanks from he vents inside the moon pool until the air pressure in the moon pool is equal to the rest of the base
once the pressure is equal there is a voice on a speaker telling the seamoth driver that it is safe to exit the veichle, the
driver exits the seamoth into the safe air pressure goes over to the moon pool access door opens it and exits the moon pool.
the moon pool does not flood with water when the air pressure is lowed because the moon pool hole sliding doors are closed
and sealed tight preventing any water from entering. the way to exit the moon pool with a seamoth or exosuit works in
reverse the player simply enters the moon pool and closes the access doors behind them enters the vehicle waits for the
air compressors and releasers to fill the room back to the same air pressure to the water pressure outside once the
pressure is equal the moon pool holes sliding doors below the vehicle open the vehicle falls into the water below it
and the player drives away in their vehicle and can return when ever they please and the cycle is repeated.

link to video containing images

Comments

• MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    That's a very well-thought-out idea. I like it. How long are you thinking for the up/down cycle to take? I imagine this should consume base energy, too.
  • darrenkocaydarrenkocay canada Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215894Members
    yes it would consume a small amount of base energy for the time required to cycle the air pressure i was thinking the farther down from the surface the longer it would take but i would say maybe 11 seconds minimum and maybe 30 seconds max just an idea could be changed
  • WarViperWarViper Texas Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216062Members
    Its a well thought out idea but ultimately I think it would be a waste of time to implement it. You would have to make a whole new moonpool with animations and other mechanics just to satisfy a minor immersion issue. It would take to much of the devs time to make this when it is better spent on other things.
  • darrenkocaydarrenkocay canada Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215894Members
    i dont thinks so i thinks it would well worth it in the end
  • Sub_NaughtySub_Naughty Away from Reapers Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217316Members
    I love this idea, I came up with it yesterday but you beat me to it so I added it to my list of things and gave you credit here http://goo.gl/jqx9a2
  • Jpop20Jpop20 Los Angeles Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221803Members
    I have to point out that for something like the PRAWN Suit the Devs would need to make the Moon pool taller as it's legs would be chopped off at its current height