The Botanist Gallery

Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
Dedicated to those with a green thumb and an aptitude for photography, share your greatest indoor/outdoor gardens!!!!

Comments

• Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
  • ErgossErgoss KY Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213722Members
    edited May 2016
    19C2CE3281EA83958AC56E54DBD806A9EC8D1671

I wish more than just the kelp provided actual light with their bioluminescence.
  • R2T9R2T9 United States Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210867Members
    Ergoss wrote: »
    I wish more than just the kelp provided actual light with their bioluminescence.

You sir, are a genius.
    Ergoss wrote: »
    19C2CE3281EA83958AC56E54DBD806A9EC8D1671

Can you actually grab the seeds? That is awesome!
    You have to jump a bit, but yes. :) There's even room to park the seamoth between them.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    yay for Creepvines that defies gravity haha thats awesome tho :smiley:
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    One of the very last things that I hope the Developers put into the game is a random rotation to everything that's planted in a planter. The nice neat little rows of creepvines, mushrooms, etc. gives it a very cookie cutter look. Having each item rotated, even just slightly, would give a more natural appearance. Randomizing height would be cool too, but it's probably asking too much.
    Again, this is purely aesthetic, and should in NO WAY be a priority.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    For the Topic creator: Almost posted a pic of my Tomatoe plants. ;-)
    For the Topic creator: Almost posted a pic of my Tomatoe plants. ;-)

That's ok, it is called the botanist gallery, though. :wink:
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited May 2016
    Wouldn`t be much to show yet, couple of young plants on my balkony for now, all seeded myself. Paprika and strawberries too, but the paprika plants are still hiding in the earth, maybe they`re a bit shy. ;-)

Edit: And for your question yes, if you plant Creepvine seeds they grow normal creepvines. When grown up they produce the seeds you can harvest, unlike just planting a creepvine sample. Same goes for the Bloodvine (?). Not sure if it`s the right name, the white tall plants on the picture. But their seeds don`t grow mid like at the creepvines, they`re found at the bottom.

And if you just meant if he can grab em at that height, just ignore my comment, but might be helpfull for new players knowing that. xD
    Wouldn`t be much to show yet, couple of young plants on my balkony for now, all seeded myself. Paprika and strawberries too, but the paprika plants are still hiding in the earth, maybe they`re a bit shy. ;-)

Edit: And for your question yes, if you plant Creepvine seeds they grow normal creepvines. When grown up they produce the seeds you can harvest, unlike just planting a creepvine sample. Same goes for the Bloodvine (?). Not sure if it`s the right name, the white tall plants on the picture. But their seeds don`t grow mid like at the creepvines, they`re found at the bottom.

And if you just meant if he can grab em at that height, just ignore my comment, but might be helpfull for new players knowing that. xD

Delicious! I love strawberries, especially with cream and icing sugar.

And yes, the white ones are bloodvines and I don't think you can harvest samples from them yet.
    Strawberries, so tasty if you`re lucky to get good ones (like self planted/grown) ones, stopped buying em from the stores since often you only get those megafruits that just taste like water and cardboard :-(

As for the Bloodvines, you can, noticed later the ones in those picture have seeds (red spots at their bottom), too. As the seeds take so much space in the inventory as the creepvine seeds it`s really nice letting em grow next to your base. ;-)
    Strawberries, so tasty if you`re lucky to get good ones (like self planted/grown) ones, stopped buying em from the stores since often you only get those megafruits that just taste like water and cardboard :-(

As for the Bloodvines, you can, noticed later the ones in those picture have seeds (red spots at their bottom), too. As the seeds take so much space in the inventory as the creepvine seeds it`s really nice letting em grow next to your base. ;-)

We tried growing passion-fruit on the neighbor's fence, but the bloody cockatoos kept eating them before they ripen. But luckily, our neighbors also have a mulberry tree, which we get to pick from the branches on our property.

What I hope happens is that we need a purpose to grow stuff like the creepvines/bloodvines for seeds. Since chargers are being introduced, we'll no longer need to make as much silicone for power cells
    edited June 2016
    Blood Oil can be used to make benzene which goes into synthetic fibers which are used for making a reinforced dive suit. Maybe they will be used in the exosuit as well?. (I would of course like to see more that it would work in)