Sorry Guys, but night is too long ...

DchicoteDchicote Germany Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204901Members Posts: 215 Advanced user
Hi there, Please make the night not so long. I will see this wonderful World in more Daytime.
Machine:
iMac i5 3,4 GHz
16 Gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 775M 2Gb
No SSD
OS X 10.11.16, Boot Camp Win10
Playing Subnautica Mac Experimental
http://www.subnautica.keepfree.de/

Comments

• CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members Posts: 719 Advanced user
    F3 -> Enter -> day -> Enter
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members Posts: 492 Advanced user
    Beds are comming
  • ifferiffer Join Date: 2005-03-12 Member: 45041Members, Constellation Posts: 36 Fully active user
    And animal behaviors are different at night...
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members Posts: 1,595 Advanced user
    What? Night is only ~1/4 of the time.
    To reduce it anymore, and you'd be just as well off removing night then - which makes even less sense.
    TenebrousNovaDefectiveDelfinech0gh0st
  • ShiruxriuShiruxriu Seattle Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216065Members Posts: 29 Fully active user
    I would also like to report that if you ever move to leaving the shallows, then night is less noticeable due to the idea of the depths and it being fairly dark to begin with.
    It takes patience to love and use technology, I find myself relearning that fact every day. - Shiruxriu 2016
    ShuryCZ
  • TennexTennex Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216789Members Posts: 7 Fully active user
    edited May 2016
    Night would be better if there were torches like in minecraft/terraria

Floating, stackable light sources that don't run out
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members Posts: 259 Fully active user
    edited May 2016
    next thing he wants would be "put some light into the depths" xD

For the vid above me, at aprox 1:53, bad idea to go close to those mushrooms, nasty biting snakes/worms live in them now. xD
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members Posts: 1,285 Advanced user
    I think some nightvision ability would help. It's only the future,... i figure by now ppl would be able to see in total darkness due to genetic engineering or eye implants anyway.
    The enemy cannot eat an IP, if you disable its head!
    ech0gh0st
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members Posts: 194 Advanced user
    The day night cycle does seem disproportionate. Night seems longer. I know it doesnt matter at depth, but it needs attention anyway.
  • StilettoStiletto Join Date: 2016-05-12 Member: 216671Members Posts: 5 Fully active user
    If anything, night time period is quite short. In fact, both day and night cycles are pretty short in-game, in my opinion.

Would be cool if we had an option with a slider to pick on how long or short we want the day/night cycle to be.
    Dchicote
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    Stiletto wrote: »
    If anything, night time period is quite short. In fact, both day and night cycles are pretty short in-game, in my opinion.

Would be cool if we had an option with a slider to pick on how long or short we want the day/night cycle to be.

There is a console command DAYNIGHTSPEED

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" AdminModerator

Existence Unknown

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly
    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue
    102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting | Play the Latest Version of Booster Z-Frame
    YouTube NS2 Playlists: Unusual Selection | NS2 Stuff | NS2PT | NS2 Tuts

• StilettoStiletto Join Date: 2016-05-12 Member: 216671Members Posts: 5 Fully active user
    Kouji_San wrote: »

There is a console command DAYNIGHTSPEED

Haven't really given a look over the console commands, to be honest.

But that's good to know, thanks! :D
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    Seems you can set it to 0.1 or perhaps even a tinier modifier (I guess) for that long time frames :D

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" AdminModerator

Existence Unknown

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly
    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue
    102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting | Play the Latest Version of Booster Z-Frame
    YouTube NS2 Playlists: Unusual Selection | NS2 Stuff | NS2PT | NS2 Tuts

• PacotheFriendlyTacoPacotheFriendlyTaco United States Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217003Members Posts: 5 Fully active user
    I love the night in this game, would not complain if it was extended
    ech0gh0st
  • NirNir Cape Town Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216223Members Posts: 14 Fully active user
    The night isn't that long. It's just dark ...

... and full of terrors.
    TenebrousNova
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members Posts: 641 Advanced user
    Nir wrote: »
    The night isn't that long. It's just dark ...

... and full of terrors.

I see what you did there. ;)
  • papragupapragu Home Join Date: 2015-03-23 Member: 202455Members Posts: 25 Fully active user

This would be the perfect solution. That way everybody can set it the way they like.
    Dchicote