Gorge movement improvements

BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
edited May 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
The gorge movement could use some love. In its current state it is too stale. There is not much you can do to defend yourself in a fight and there is barely any room to improve oneself.

It has been suggested in the "official comp mod?" thread to add a strafe+turn+slide+jump mechanic.

I think it is a fun mechanic, that is satisfying to use and to improve at. I'm not sure if the problem with not implementing it, is because it is non intuitiv and you don't want a huge skill gap between new players and veterans, but you could add it, but nerf it by a lot, so that it improves you just by a bit.

And there is more you can do to make the gorge movement more satisfying. For example you could make it possible to jump into belly slide. If you shift hold for belly slide midair in current vanilla, you will first land and then slide. Why is not so, that you can jump into belly slide, which rewards you when jumping down slopes. It is non intuitiv that you can't do that and it makes me angry.

You could also reduce the time you're unable to do something after pressing belly slide. Maybe even make it so your abilities aren't blocked at all when belly slidng.

Comments

• _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2016
    Bhop is a gimmicky unnatural movement that makes no sense at all to implement to improve Gorges moveability when there are other possibilities. Also do Gorges need another buff at this point?
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    It needs a fun buff.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Gorges need to be more fun.
  • r3aLiTyr3aLiTy Join Date: 2003-01-25 Member: 12743Members, Constellation
    maybe make it so gorges can place structures/rt as well as the comm - they would have to use their own res for it
    or make comm abilities only + some other stuff