Creature idea- a living island

Terra_Nova98Terra_Nova98 Chicago Join Date: 2016-04-18 Member: 215899Members
edited April 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
So I've been thinking about how animals are stuck in their biomes and can't leave, and what if there was a living, moving island?

The island itself would kind of be like a giant Reefback, about 1.5 times the length and width of a Reefback and have a sandy color (don't know what to specifically call it).

On top would be alot of sand, giving it an appearance kind of like one of the floating islands. The creature would then migrate throughout the map, avoiding the shallowest biomes like the kelp forest and the safe shallows.

Animals from these biomes might follow it, and plants from the biome might start to grow there too. So if the creature passes the grand reef, it might carry some membrane trees for a short while. Maybe some resources could find there way onto the creature and sit there for some time as well.

Building your base on top of it might be a wise choice, since it will take you around almost all of the biomes (at a slow pace, of course).

A few problems you might run into if you are building your base on the island:
-Will travel to the crash site and dunes, indicating that there will be Reaper Leviathans and radiation to worry about.
-Cannot place a beacon directly on since it will move, beacons must be placed within rooms.
-Cyclops can be left behind since it is not connected.

Another thing, you will not be able to build very far off of the creature. Once you go a module or two off of the side, it wouldn't let you build anymore.

And finally, I thought that it could get hurt, and that aggressive animals may try to attack it. Since there will only be one of these in the entire map, it will not die, but it will stop it from moving for a while to let the creature heal itself. So this adds a factor that you may have to defend the creature if you ever want it to move out of the biome. This may also be an advantage, if you slash it enough or ram it a few times, it could keep your island base hovering over a specific location for a few minutes while you collect supplies.

Thank you for listening to my ideas and stuff! Have a great day! :)

Comments