So oxygen?

ArisenWolfArisenWolf USA Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216978Members
Why not just add rebreathers?? They're smaller than tanks and could give us a bit more time to explore around

Comments

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Alterrans are born with organic rebreathers in their lungs. That's why they have a lung capacity (45secs) bigger than that of an air tank (30secs).
  • ArisenWolfArisenWolf USA Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216978Members
    I know that. I was just thinking of things that could give players a bit more time of air. Even though their lungs are like rebreathers you can't keep reusing lungs.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited May 2016
    Rebreather ARE in the game. oO You can craft it for the helmet slot. Expands the time you can go deep into the Ocean.
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
    ArisenWolf wrote: »
    Why not just add rebreathers?? They're smaller than tanks and could give us a bit more time to explore around

the rebreather only works after you pass 200 Meters and if you dont have one it just makes you lose oxygen fatser but if you have one equiped it will go away at a normal rate
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    ArisenWolf wrote: »
    I know that. I was just thinking of things that could give players a bit more time of air. Even though their lungs are like rebreathers you can't keep reusing lungs.

Sorry, I couldn't resist to make a joke. But you might want to know that they added back the capability to use passive tanks in your inventory to dive as long as you want (as long as you have enough tanks in the inventory). It's not in the stable version of the game. You have to switch to experimental or wait for the next stable update.

As the others already said, the buildable rebreather in the game allows you to consume the same amount of air at any depth and is therefore only necessary for greater depths.